Sunday, July 13, 2014

First squash of the season

   
I heard the alarm at 8, but waited to get up. I closed the windows and turned AC on even though the temp was still 78. I plugged the router back in. I read e-mail, and that lead to Facebook. When I realized what I was doing, I went back to e-mail to find an audio to listen to. I read about picking lemon squash while still immature for the best flavor. I made and ate breakfast, then showered, dressed, and went to church. I was greeted warmly by Elwyn.  Ron told me I should be prepared to boot up my laptop at the airport to show that I wasn't carrying anything in the case.  Because the battery is bad, it might be difficult.  I gave the beginnings of the red pulpit cloth to Jeanne so she could make the dove to go with it. Pastor had finally returned from his vacation so he led the service. I had an idea for a quilt during the service. After the service, I talked to Julie Foreman. I picked up a Rally Day contest form. Then I went to grocery store, and got an onion to go with the squash I planned to pick. , put on audio, ate a little, then put the groceries away. I changed my clothes, and finished the audio. I grabbed the horse project and went to the storage place where a small group meets to sew. We met in a different spot there. I sat with the ladies, and sewed up the rip in the horse puppet. Then I waited for Denise. She brought her hexagons and I sewed some of them for her while she color-coordinated new sets. The group broke up about 5 and I packed up to go home. When I got home, I ate supper, checked e-mail, and then mowed most of back yard. I checked e-mail again, and drank some lemon water. I picked the squash and some greens. I did some picking up in the den and kitchen. Then I cleaned up in sewing room, although it still needed sweeping. I ruminated on the couch in front of the TV. Then I went upstairs to post to my blog. I got distracted by dishes waiting to be washed. I opened the windows and turned off the AC. Then I came back to posting, and took a pic of squash to show. Now I hope to go to bed and finish cleaning in the morning.
   

No comments: