Sunday, January 4, 2015

Blessed with rain water

I got up not knowing what time it was, but the alarm rang while I was in the bathroom so it was perfect timing. I drank some water, then went back to bed (perhaps not my best idea). I searched for the church envelops again. I exercised, and listened to video on ebola and ozone therapy. I sat briefly with the HappyLight and then took a shower, and got dressed. I warmed up my trombone and went to church. I was there by 10:22. The organist and I played all the way through once. I got a bulletin and read the announcements. I watched for her cue to stand up and play. I moved the trombone and the stand out of the way for the service. After the service, I packed up my trombone and sat to listen to the rest of the postlude. It was very good. Several people complimented me on my playing. Jennifer said I should keep growing my hair because it frames my face so well. I found my offering envelops in the box at church. I felt like smacking my head against a wall. Terry told me that the church was giving us credit for the funds raised by the quilt raffle. I drove home and brought in my trombone. I changed to the shoes Faye bought me. I jotted notes for my blog. I grabbed the grocery bags and copied the list from the fridge. Denise called from their vehicle on their way home. We talked rental properties. I went shopping at Publix. I found no chia seed and they couldn't find any either. When I got home, I put away the groceries. I had to lay down to rest. I was already way behind schedule and that did not help. I got up to go to Renegades. I was just in time to help - to help myself to some fabric they were throwing out as they packed up. They had spent the entire day sorting fabric bins and cutting the fabric into strips, strings and squares. One piece had money folded into it. That sounded exciting and I was sorry I wasn't there to see it. I stayed with Lynette until the man came to lock up the church. When I got home, I ate some dates and cashews. They were so good together that I had to force myself to put them away before I finished the container. Then I ate some fish and froze the rest. I sat with my HappyLight again, this time for maybe an hour. I started processing rain water and tapped. I heard the Skype sound and it was from Chris. So we chatted as I finished the rainwater, just barely getting it all into the three big jars. We talked about what activities MWR had for the weeks I will be there in Honduras. They have a lot of movie nights, but the movie titles were not listed. They offer a hammock class, which might be fun if it can be completed in 2 weeks. I ate some cheese and put on some music in the livingroom. Then I laid down again. I thought I would fall asleep, but never quite. I had to get up to change the CD and went back to bed. About 11 I got up to write to my blog so I can go to bed for real. 
*  Here is a quilt from show-n-tell last month  *

No comments: