Monday, January 5, 2015

Kale in the vale

My phone was still on mute from church yesterday. So the alarm sounded like a cow mooing for help with some one's hand over its mouth. I grabbed the phone and laid in bed figuring out how to turn the ringer back on. Then I got up to swish and sit with my happylight at the computer. After that, I dressed and took out the garbage. It was very cold outside. I called Parker then 'cause I was afraid she might call after I went to quilting, and then I would not have access to my notes. She said she was just about to call me (I have heard that before). We talked, and then I e-mailed Chris the gist of the call. I exercised, juiced, and made breakfast. I tapped. Then I picked some fabrics to make the Dec and Jan blocks. I rolled my stuff out to Chris' car, surprised how well I remembered how to drive it. I drove to quilting. I saw Alice as she was leaving to visit Virginia. The ladies inside to me that Walter had been there for lunch and looking for me (to pick up his second pair of hemmed pants). I talked to the ladies, caught up on the latest news. Carolyn gave me the bag of blocks from last month. I cut pieces from my pile to make two blocks to go with them. I did not have the cutting instructions for this month's block so could not continue. I stayed until Laurie was ready to go. She would have stayed later, but everyone else had left. I was home by 3:30. I took some pics of the delivered stuff in the carport and my still growing kale (ornamental and Russian Red). I examined the cut leg of Walter's jeans. I decided on a fix and then implemented it. I needed a break to check e-mail. I noticed the encroaching darkness and cold, so I hunted up the Christmas lights from last year and placed them by the kale, and then covered it with a blue drape and plastic. Fixing it up right can wait until tomorrow and full daylight. I searched for a 10 year old document from the purchase of our house but found nothing. What if it is in one of those boxes that were delivered? What if it is still in the garage in Pinehurst? I ate the rest of the piece of fish from last night. I ate the rest of the kidney. I ate some kimchi, and dates with cashews. I tapped and listened to an interview about health hacks. Chris skyped me. He suggested some places to look for the document and I found it. Sadly it wasn't all that helpful. Then I got on the desktop to print out the cutting instructions for the January block. I was musing on how to write a set of directions for it when Denise skyped me. It was her first skype call and she picked me! Ok, she was sick and did not want to spread it. We had a nice chat. Then she hung up to go to bed. I drank some water and did another tapping round. I wrote some very graphic instructions (meaning drawings to accompany the text) for constructing the block. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: