Thursday, January 22, 2015

I've got cojones!

Last night I found 4 mosquito bites on my right elbow. I put some of my essential oil concoction on them and the itching mostly went away. We stayed in bed past my alarm at 7. Chris got up to take a shower and make breakfast. I got up to drink water and swish and savor my vitamin C. Then I exercised, but I stopped when I felt a small pop in my back. But I was almost done anyway. I ate breakfast while Chris went to change out his Blackberry. I listened to an audio on finding a good relationship and it made me think of Kurt. I looked up wormwood. I read outside in the sun for awhile, then retired to the outside couch. Chris came back. I finished my book and had lunch. I took the next two balls of yarn to the hammock cabin and wove them together. Chris left and while he was gone, I read the teaser chapter at the end of the book. He came back and we walked back. Then we read e-mail, then rode to MWR to check out helmets for horse back riding. On the way back, we stopped at a souvenir shop to examine the wood carvings and t-shirts. We came home, and I listened to an audio, and read e-mail, I felt sleepy and laid down. My mind worked on the puzzle of the yarn ends and came up with a solution. I wanted to go over there to try it out, but my back hurt, so I laid down instead. Chris gave me a five minute warning. Then I put on pants and a little bug spray. We got in his easy-go and headed for the fire station. Mr. Gaekel was on the phone, but when he finished, we went out to his car. I rode in the passenger seat while we followed Chris in his easy-go to the front gate. Then I sat in the back while Chris got in the front. Mr. Gaekel drove us to Comayagua and drove us around the town before pulling in to a restaurant called El Torito. I took pics but they did not come out well in the dark. We sat near the back but only one family was there so we could have sat anywhere. We were given menus in Spanish. Chris helped me decipher the first appetizer which was eggs of bull – cojones! So of course I had to try that. The two men ordered jalepeno steak. A small jar of pickled veggies was complimentary. Mr Gaekel was a good conversationalist, and kept us entertained. At the end of the evening, Chris paid the bill. The owner took our pic with my camera. Then we got in a taxi that Mr. Gaekel ordered and paid for. We were taken back to post. We got in the easy-go and went back to Chris' quarters. We finished an episode of Criminal Minds and watched another whole one. Then we went to bed.

No comments: