Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blocked on this block

I got up at 8 with the alarm. I laid in the sun on the guest bed for awhile. Then I went into the den to sit in the sun and read e-mail as I swished. I exercised in the sun, too. I took out the recyclables. I applied iodine to my skin, spilling it. I juiced arugula, mung bean sprouts and carrots. I meditated as I drank. I made and ate breafkfast. I checked e-mail and listened to an audio book called “The book of the damned”, which is about phenomena which has been poorly explained and shunted aside because it doesn't fit our assumptions about the world. I looked up rain in Pinehurst for the previous weekend, but could not get the data. I e-mailed Parker. She finally replied, that she would reply later. I tried to renew the car tags online, but there was a fee ($5 or 3%) for using a credit card. I decided to mail the payment. However the info I needed was spread out in different places on the statement. Who plans these things? There was no envelop. And they wanted the statement mailed back, not the detachable stub (like every other bill). I scanned it and saved it just in case we need the info later. I dressed warmly in my coat and gloves from my time in Korea. I went outside to get the mail, and to pick up fallen limbs. When I was done with that, I came in to resume listening to the book. I prepared enough supplements to last until my trip. Then I worked on counting and packing supplements and breakfast items for use on the trip. Fell asleep listening to book, Woke up to the low battery sound and plugged it back in, listened some more. Played multiple games of solitaire, then paused it. I took my phone downstairs to monitor while I worked on the block instructions I wrote. The first part worked out fine, but the second part needed rewriting. I had to do it over and did not have enough red, so I had to find another red to use for that. I ran upstairs to check for Chris. He was on, so we skyped and I took the laptop down so I could talk to him while I worked on the blocks. When the battery ran down, I ran up to plug in again. We finished our call. I sewed another hourglass piece, but then I was out of ideas for the last part. I thought there was a technique I'd seen before for flying geese blocks. I went back to the computer to look it up. But when I saw it, I wasn't sure it would work, not without changes. While I was trying to coax my brain into giving me answers, I picked up the crochet project from my mom. I had to use a rug hook to get the first row started. Then I looked up a video on double crochet for the second row. Sure I've done it before, but all the stitches run together now.. I did part of the row and decided it might be easier to see in daylight. I put on my heaviest coat and went out to put the extra layers on the kale. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: