Monday, January 12, 2015

Packing and Panicing

I got up at 7:12, having set my alarm for 7. I put Drano in sink, since it still wasn't draining well after the vinegar/baking soda treatment, and plunging last night. I sewed one red, white and blue block using the line method, then sewed the second by just cutting triangles to fit. I left the last seam off as it was getting late. I deleted e-mail, then exercised and juiced. I meditated, then made breakfast, and read e-mail. I uncovered the kale and brought in the Christmas lights because it was raining. I put the Netflix disc in the mail, and washed a package of sprouts to take to lunch. I rolled my sewing stuff out to Chris' car and went quilting. For once I got there before lunch started. For lunch there was a seven-layer salad, pasta and meatball soup, and carrot cake. I put my container of sprouts on the table, but not many got eaten. Walter came after we had finished. There was just enough soup for him. I gave him his jeans and he gave me $4. He misremembered how much I charged. He said he had some more pants, but I did not agree to hem them. $8 for an hours work is not enough. It was nice talking to the ladies and seeing their quilts in progress. I really liked Alice's 3-D quilt. Rebecca was working on a rug like the one I made. I finished the second block from this morning and worked on the red and green blocks from last month. One by one, the ladies all packed up. Finally it was down to Carolyn and me. When I finished making my second block from last month, I packed up too. We left about 3:15. It was misty but not raining. That made me think of the song “Misty”. I brought in the mail, and sent the info about bills to Chris. I listened to the song Misty on Youtube. I checked e-mail, but decided to pack before the daylight was gone. Then Maryann skyped me. We talked for two hours. Then I ate supper and Chris skyped me. We talked for two hours. I told him I had to pack. I used my international travel list (compiled in Korea) to add non-clothing items to my pile in the guest room. I opened the large box that I found on the front porch. It had nuts and seeds in it. Finally – chia! But it was time to go to bed. I took paper and pencil with me so I could jot down the things that will pop into my head in the middle of the night.

No comments: