Friday, January 2, 2015

Some one's idea of packing and shipping

I got up just before 8, CST I think. I read with my HappyLight. I got dressed and went downstairs to move things from the garage to the carport that would not be affected by water. I was trying to create spaces big enough for the standard moving size boxes I expected. The sweet potatoes were in a tub by the garage window. I threw one out and put the rest back in their individual jars. The moving men arrived in a truck too big to get in the driveway some time after 9. I was presented with a packet of papers so I could check off the numbers of the boxes. Some items arrived unnumbered, more than were accounted for on the sheet. The men rolled the items in on dollies and read me the numbers they could find, putting unnumbered items in a pile. The driver warned me that some of the boxes were falling apart. That was because they were the original boxes which the packers should have re-packed. He was just a delivery guy who picked the stuff up from the warehouse. We had an open bin of stuff with pieces of 2x4 on top which arrived just as open as it was in the shed. The bin had split and the wood was falling out. A headboard came that was not ours, but they insisted since it was with our stuff, it was now. I tried to check on the sheet later to see what was written by its number, and that was when I realized that they hadn't left me any copies of any papers. I e-mailed the rep at the packing company.
After receiving the shipment, I went upstairs. I exercised and did the coffee detox and listened to some audios. I responded to Chris's e-mails and told him the condition of the shipment still packed. What will I find when I open the boxes? I took pictures to show to the moving company if needed, then I e-mailed them, and Parker and the handyman. I skyped MaryAnn. Our call was interrupted by a call from the new agent. He suggested we consider selling the house as is to a contractor to flip. Maryann waited until it was finished and we resumed our call. I sent her a Skype pic that I took of her and Bob. I hung up when Chris called on Skype. I brought in the held mail so I could read him the bills. Some of the mail was for our neighbors (how long has it been there?) I read him the bills: one had no balance because of an unexplained credit of $200, another said we didn't pay last month, so we owe extra this month. Chris hung up to have dinner and go see a movie. I looked up our Netflix queue, and the last Netflix entry in my blog to determine if there should be a disc in the mail. Clues indicated that one came just before I left. I found the disc and laid it where I could see it. I made and ate breakfast even though it was after dark. I read e-mail, and saw this month's Do Good block but the diagram did not seem right so I went looking on the internet for a pic of a finished block. I made up supplements for the week, and started a new batch of coconut milk. I composed an order from Swansons, to make sure I had enough to get through the trip to Honduras. Some things had to come from Amazon. My forehead itched again. It had stopped earlier in the week. I was hoping it would clear up completely while I was out of town.  Chris skyped me, and I found more loose ends to tie up regarding the situation in Pinehurst. I researched e-mails from October to refresh my memory on what happened with that situation. Then I drank some hot salt water, and did some tapping. I tried to think if there was anything else to add to the orders before I placed them. I took a break to write my blog entry for the day. I hope to finish the orders, too, before I go to bed.

No comments: