Saturday, January 10, 2015

Still not packed

I got up at 8 when I heard the alarm. I swished in the sun for 20 minutes. I ran the dishwasher. I watched a video on the toxic profits of shrimp farming and tin mining. I may never eat another shrimp. Not only are the local people and environment hurt by the farming practices, but dangerous chemicals are used as pesticides and some shrimp are injected with dirty water so they will weigh more. The tin mining also hurts the aquatic environment. It is used for making cell phones. Both practices are unsustainable so the fishers and miners are going further and further to get tin and feeder fish.
I did my exercises, and juiced carrots and the remaining celery. I got dressed, and uncovered the kale. I took a moment to breathe outside as I drank the juice in the sunlight. Then I cleaned the juicer, and started making breakfast. I called up an audio on tapping for weight loss. I e-mailed back and forth with Chris on how to get through the trip from Huntsville to Tegus. I finished the audio and a video while eating. Both seemed to be sales pitches at heart. I unloaded the dishwasher. I tried to finish a row of crochet with black yarn. I had to go outside to be able to see well enough. Even then, it was difficult, but I managed. I did a few more rows, and then went ahead and finished the project. I took out some of what Mom had done on hers so I could make it the same length. I think she left out a few rows. I took a pic of them. Then I forced myself to concentrate on packing. It was hard because so many things called for my attention and promised to be easier to do. I knew I needed to pack as much as I could before nightfall. Everything is harder after dark, especially making decisions. I searched all over for a certain dressy top that goes with black pants. I am not sure why I put it where I found it. I tried to put together outfits that would allow me to dress up or down, in weather ranging from 60 to 80. I wish I had taken a pic of what I packed to go to the beach last summer. I turned on all the lights in the house to stave off the encroaching darkness, but by habit I turned them off again as I left each room. I sat down to ponder my choices of footwear. What to wear to see Mayan ruins? So I looked it up, and they recommended deet or long sleeves– yikes! I looked up more natural repellants: eat garlic, no beer, tea tree oil, vit B-1 (thiamine), dabs of pure vanilla, lavender oil, neem oil, cider vinegar, oil of lemon eucalyptus, just to name a few. I felt tired, so I laid on the recliner in the den with the salt lamp. In the dark it looked like a campfire. Later I got up and stir-fried the second half of last night's fish. I covered the kale. I checked e-mail again. I realized I was still not packed. I decided to play the X-files disc from Netflix. When I realized I had seen it, I went to Netflix and checked my queue. I removed all those I had seen and added some new ones. How the others got back on my list is a mystery. I saw Kurt was on, so I skyped him. He did not project video so he could see me, but not I him. Then Chris got on and I got confused trying to talk to both of them. Chris hung up, called Kurt and then added me to the conversation. Kurt chatted awhile and then went to bed. Chris talked to me for awhile, and then he went to bed. I sang along with a few old tunes and then I went to bed.

No comments: