Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fun in the sun

I was dimly aware of Chris getting up this morning. Then I heard the front door close and all was quiet. I tried to go back to sleep and may have dozed off. Then I got up to pee and suck down Vit C. I also put ice on my ankle. I could not find a note so theorized that he'd gone to breakfast. But the time was earlier than I thought so maybe he worked out. As it turned out, he went running. He returned while I was sitting on the couch, ice on my ankle, and reading e-mail. We made our separate breakfasts. My coconut milk had fermented on its own and it smelled like old eggs so we threw it out. I meditated. He chopped carrots and cabbage and cilantro for the crock pot and my job was to peel the garlic. Then we had some time together, and then he went to catch the bus to Comayagua for more coconut milk. I used the broom outside to brush down cobwebs and debris. I was going to vacuum the cushions of the outside couch, but there was no hose on the vacuum. So I took them off the couch and brushed them with the broom. I displaced a gecko who was hiding there, and a desiccated grasshopper. Then I swept the quarters with the broom, and used a piece of paper to pick up the dirt. I used the Hoover on the rug. Then I took out the dirt cup to empty it. I washed the plastic pieces, and sat out by the parking lot to knock dirt out of the filter. I was so covered in fine dirt that I took a shower. I washed the filter at the same time. The filter went out in the sun to dry. I sat out there reading e-mail. But for some reason Yahoo would not let me delete e-mail. I was surprised how frustrating it was not to be able to delete mail. I need that sense of satisfaction that it brings. Chris came home with a few groceries. I came in to get some ice for my ankle and drink water. I tapped, and read e-mail. I made a salad for lunch. I ate it sitting outside in the sun. I stayed in the sun after lunch was over. Later I came in and put ice on my ankle again. We both read e-mail. We responded to Parker's questions about unaddressed issues with the house. I put on my bathing suit and we went to the pool. I dipped my hand in the water and decided to sunbathe. It was so blissful to sit in the sun and read a novel. This is the life. When the sunset came, I went over to Chris who sat in the shade. We walked over to his easy-go and I remarked how nice the afternoon had been. He replied “ Not bad for January, eh?” and I regretted not getting pic of me sunbathing to post. Our crock pot soup was done. He had added chorizo purchased in town. I had to let mine cool down a little before I could taste it. It was alright but not as good as he has made in the past with access to a large variety of spices. And the chorizo was not as spicy as in America. After checking e-mail, we took the next three balls of yarn for the hammock to the hammock building. No one was there. I started the first ball which was dark purple. Halfway through I tagged Chris so I wouldn't spend too much time on my ankle. Not that it hurt, but it tends to only complain after the fact. We worked back and forth. Another guy came in to work on his. He had started a day ahead of us. Chris knew him and we had a good time conversing. One of his friends joined in the conversation. When we ran out of yarn on the last ball, it was time to go. The teacher was there, ready to help us tie on the next color, but we had not brought it. Chris drove me back to his quarters. He read e-mail while I looked at hammock videos. Then we watched an episode of Criminal Minds. We started a second one, but I was tired and needed to go to bed.
* this is the solar array on post *

No comments: