Saturday, January 3, 2015

Getting ready for tomorrow

Last night I remembered the moving guy unwrapping the treadle machine and setting it up on its feet by himself. Wasn't it too heavy for that? I had to run downstairs to check to see if the machine or the treadle part was missing. Everything seemed to all be there. I also checked the footlocker since I nearly tripped over it. I always remember it being locked, but it wasn't anymore.
I went to bed and committed all my troubles to the angels. I slept well. I woke up and planned to stay in bed until I heard the alarm. A little extra sleep might help the bags under my eyes. But nature intervened. And when I got out to the den it was after 9. I turned on the router and read e-mail. I read a book with my HappyLight while swishing. Dad called to ask how to cook an egg. I got dressed to put the misdelivered mail in the box, knowing I might forget to take a shower later. I exercised and process rainwater (filtering and heating). I juiced all the remaining carrots. I made and ate breakfast. I watched a video on antibiotic resistant infections from the food supply (UTI's). I took a shower, and then played my trombone briefly before packing it up to go to church. I went to practice with the organist. After deciding how to get through 4 verses, she showed me her phone and how she could ask Siri questions. We asked it the whereabouts of car keys and it brought up a list of auto shops in the area. On the way home, I stopped to buy salmon at the fish market. I reviewed love songs from the '80's. I made a list of food on hand: onion, radishes, beef kidney. It sounded like supper to me, so I chopped up the onion and browned it with the radishes, then added chunks of kidney and let it simmer for awhile. How come no one wants to eat at my house? I watched an episode of Lone Gunmen, and packaged it for mailing back. I brought up the sweet potatoes plants in their jars. Two had leaves and the other one hadn't yet decided which end to sprout from. I loaded dishwasher, but ran washing machine. I completed the weekend Sudoku puzzle. I worked on another Amazon order because I forgot to get brazil nuts and a calendar. I did some tapping. I searched for the 2015 church donation envelops, but never found them. I folded laundry, and put it away. I put the suitcases away, too. I mended my glove now that it was washed. I started working on Mom's project when Michele got on Skype. We chatted for a bit and then Chris got on. Mostly it was still Michele and I because Chris was so tired. Michele was smiling at videos of tiny hamster food. Chris hung up first and then I did. I checked the basement and garage for water because it has been raining all day. Then I went to bed.
*  More lack of proper packing, from yesterday   *





pf

No comments: