Friday, January 23, 2015

Speechless!

We ignored the 7am alarm for a long time. Then this morning was a lot like yesterday morning. After meditating, I took the next two balls of yarn and put them in my sling purse. Chris drove us to the hammock cabin. He helped me cut and tie the ends of the gold and red and attach the next color, yellow. He left to go to the PX. I finished the yellow, but it was several feet from the next pole. So I borrowed scissors from the next building to cut off the extra from the last band of yellow and finish the row. Chris came back while I was tying it on. I finished the row and we tied the orange ball on. He read a book while I finished the orange. Then we went to the woodshop to return the scissors. The man there showed us the wood spacers with drawings of the things we had asked for. It was going to be very nice once they were carved in. He said it would be done by Monday or Tuesday, but it really didn't matter since I was not going to be able to get it in my suitcase. Chris had already driving the PX supplies back to the quad, so we walked back. Then I had lunch while Chris checked e-mail.
I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun and read on the porch. Later we went back to the hammock cabin. I wove one ball and Chris did the other while I rested my feet. The man who bought the wood for the stretcher bars showed us the result of his carvings. They were wonderful! He complimented me on the center of my hammock. Then Chris and I walked back to the quad. I ate leftovers from last night. I changed my shorts for pants. I couldn't find my wrap and speculated that it was in the taxi. We went to the community center. The owner of the restaurant we went to the first night I got here was there delivering quesadillas. After saying the prayer, the chaplain invited me to be first in line. I was speechless. How could I explain that quesadillas were not on my food list with the owner right there? Chris explained that I'd already eaten. So then others lined up to take quesadillas with toppings and my embarrassing moment was over. I sat on one of the couches. Chris sat beside me when he had his supper. Then the movie started – The Good Lie”. It was streaming video and paused several times. People ate as they watched. There were sad parts and I tried not to cry. The chaplain held a discussion afterward. Then Chris went to help clean up and I talked to Jamie and then an ADHD air traffic controller who said coffee calms him down. We rode back in the easy-go. Then we walked to Chris' office to get 5 gallon jug of water which he carried it back. I rebooted my laptop and then we put in a disc of Criminal Minds in it to play on the large TV screen. After two episodes, it was time to blog and go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow.

No comments: