Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Love songs

I got up at 8. I laid on the guest bed to bask in the sunshine. That lasted longer than I had planned. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I swished, exercised and juiced. Then I took my bag of something to do (it has been so long that I don't remember what exactly it is) and went to quilting. Jane gave me the instructions for one of the quilts they are doing this year. I sat with Beverly She was finishing the binding on her t-shirt quilt. We talked until Jane was ready to close up. Then we talked in the parking lot. She agreed to take me to the airport next week. From there I went to the Asian store for sprouts and kimbap. The lady told me that the usual person can no longer make kimbap, so the substitute makes it now. I still bought it. While I was driving toward home, Beverly called to invite me to stay at her house the night before my trip to the airport. I told her I needed to think about that. I had decided not to stop at the bank on the way home because I had to go, but at the last minute I turned onto the road in front of Walmart and went up Airport road. There was an accident near the bank so traffic was congested. But when I came out, it had been resolved and I had no trouble getting to Whitesburg. When I got home, I went to the bathroom and then got out some kimchi to eat with the kimbap. I usually pull out the pieces of dakon radish, but this time it was in slivers, harder to identify and remove. I ate it as best as I could, reading e-mail. Our agent sent pics, one of more water in the basement. Sigh. I brought in the mail. I worked with my odds and ends of PVC to fabricate a cold frame. I placed it over the kale and went looking for plastic. I could not find the sheet from last year. So I used two thinner ones. I placed the string of lights under it where the rain hopefully can't reach it. I put on some Christmas music. I wanted to take the Christmas tree down, but it's box was ruined the last time this basement flooded. I had another box that I planned to put it in, but it had the doll in it. So I looked for another box for the doll. I could not find one that was empty. So I repaired the tree box. I disassembled the the tree and put it in the box. I put the newer tree in it's box, but it didn't really fit. I repacked the lights and ornaments in a new box, and put the Christmas boxes in stacks. Then I made breakfast, and ate it while reading e-mail. I got a call from Cecily. Then I skyped with Chris. I asked him to sing me love songs and he did, with a little help from Youtube. After he hung up, I played songs on Youtube and cried. I wrote my blog to a mix of Bee Gee's songs and went to bed.
*  These are the pieces I cut yesterday, which I still need to sew together  *

No comments: