Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday

I did not sleep well last night. There were noises like doors opening and closing. Even though we turned off the heat in the bedroom, I would get really hot, throw the comforter off and after while, get cold. Then Chris' alarm went off while it was still dark. Later I heard him get up. Then he left and my alarm went off. I turned on the heat and went back to bed.
I got up when I heard him come back in. He tried to skype family back home so I could talk to them. But they did not answer or it did not go through. He went back to work. I sent Thanksgiving messages to some people I had not talked to in a while, and swished.. When I checked e-mail, I saw more Black Friday messages than Thanksgiving ones. Is Black Friday a bigger deal than Thanksgiving? Poor Thanksgiving. It really gets pushed around.
Michele skyped me and we had a nice long talk. I showed her my ornament. Then I responded to some of the responses I got to my earlier messages. I exercised and swept the floor. I started making breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I meditated and nearly fell asleep. When I roused myself, I got dressed. I put some rose oil on my ear and it smelled really good.
I was reading e-mail when Chris came home early. They were shampooing the carpets in his building, saving his office for last. We had a little afternoon delight. Later, I got out my sewing machine and did some mending. I did the Sudoku puzzles for yesterday and today. Then as I was watching a short video, I folded the previous Sudoku papers into petals. By the end of the year I will have most of a Sudoku ornament. I tried a weightlifting set without the kettlebell, like I saw on Mercola.com. I made some tea with a tea ball and a tea bag. I thought some peppermint oil would be nice in it. Three drops came out. I offered Chris some and he got two drops. Note to self – one drop is more than enough. Dilute!
I sewed a piece of rubber shelf liner onto the shoulder strap of my purse to keep it from sliding off my arm. Then we watched an episode of Sharpe's Rifles. Faye skyped me before it was over. The cover of her tablet was peeling and she cut that part off. I got to see the view her patients in surgery see. I took her on a tour of our living quarters. We talked some more, and then she hung up. We finished the episode. Chris and I talked a little bit and then we went to bed.
* The rubber is red, but they did not have a lot to choose from *

No comments: