Sunday, November 1, 2015

Crazy Sunday

I woke up early (like 3am) so I checked e-mail. Chris got up too and got ready for his trip. I asked him to smash all the milk jugs for recycling. I separated my supplements and made up a week's worth. I ordered more of those that ran out. Swansons was running another good sale. When the taxi showed up, Chris kissed me and left. I read a little more e-mail, then laid down to listen to a paraliminal recording. I listened to a second one. By then it was daylight. I got up to get ready for church. But it was slow going, so many decisions to make because things were not organized. My phone made a whistling sound. I checked to see if someone was calling me. It did not seem so and the battery looked low so I searched for the charger. It turned out to be a USB charger so I plugged it in to my laptop. I remember the lady saying it only lasted about a day or so, but not to charge it until it was below 20%. That will be annoying to keep up with. I exercised while listening to an audio. I made breakfast. I ate it, then got dressed. It took me most of an hour to find my razor. Finally I was ready and put on an audio. I looked out the window to watch for a car. Then I waited outside for a while. At 10:15 I started walking. I walked down the hill and to the theatre. But no one was there. A lady in the library/rec center said they were meeting at the church. As I walked out of the building, Kathy walked up. She had knocked on my door and I wasn't there. So she found me at the theatre and drove me to the pavilion. They had decided last week on a sunny day to hold it in the pavilion this week, but it was cold today. Still I was warm enough with my coat on. We sang songs, had communion and the offering, then the choir sang. There was only one male out of 8 people. The chaplain talked for some time about the prodigal son. Then it was over with a few announcements. I talked to the chaplain's wife. I found out the Jane was not there. Anyway, she gave me a ride home. I ate stuff for lunch. I caught up on last week's Sudoku puzzles. I texted my number to Kathy – first text ever! I managed to take selfies until I got a reasonable one on my phone and tied it to my number. I organized the stuff that got delivered – mostly. I got really fed up with having unreachable shelves everywhere. Somebody hates short people! I dealt with most of the recyclables that Chris saved. I washed dishes and counter tops. I looked at quilts on Pinterest and felt like sewing. If my mailed sewing machine doesn't show up, I won't have one for months! That is SEW not fair! I read e-mail and came across tweets on Harry Potter movies – really funny stuff. I decided to post early because I was falling asleep and it was only 7pm. Gotta stay awake!
* This is the little market we shopped at yesterday *

1 comment:

Alice Watson said...

Daylight Savings Time kicked in here in North Alabama this morning, so, we get an extra hour? Is Dayight Savings time used in other countries? Nice that you went to church. And I'm hoping your sewing machine will get there quickly. When it does, let me know what you begin working on. I need to make a quilt for Connie, and am not sure what I want to make. I have the fabric. I hope you have a nice comfortable bed. Can you order from Amazon there? And how long does it take to receive it? Keep on keeping on. Love you. Alice