Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Organizing

I did not sleep well last night because of all the strange noises. Chris said it was thermal expansion due to heat, but Myra said her heat was not on and she had strange noises too - the kind of noises that make you want to ask "Who's there?" So, I did not feel like getting up when the alarm went off. I did some tapping and then I was up. I turned on the router and laptop. I put some shea butter on the handle of a pot and boiled water in it for the nuts. The shea melted and I rubbed it on the skin above my ear. The skin felt much smoother, not flaky, but the itching continued. I put my comb in a dish of hot soapy water. Then I got dressed and set the recyclables out on the curb. It was raining. Again. Maybe I did not miss the rainy season after all:( I checked e-mail while swishing. The exchange was having a sale on breadmakers, claiming that today was National homemade bread Day. Really? There is a day for that? I exercised while listening to an audio. I thought of something I wanted to get at the commissary. But by the time I could find a working writing implement, I forgot what it was. I made breakfast and ate it while reading and answering e-mail. I got two from the Tuesday group. I thanked them for the card they sent.
I walked to Myra's place. She showed Nela some fabrics that might go with what Nela bought yesterday, but only one did and it wasn't quite enough, so we went to the market to find something to go with it. We didn't find anything, but we had a good time looking around. Actually we went to Office Depot first, but did not get anything there. Then we went to the market. We stopped at an all-purpose store. I got hooks, and a tiny kimchi pot and a kitchen shelf with legs. Then outside the store they had wheeled carts, so I chose one with a basket. The basket did not fold up, but did come off so I could use the rest of the cart to carry my machine if necessary. We also went to Daiso and got a bunch of stuff there, like a shower curtain rod, and double-sided paper. It only came in rainbow colors, not a pack of red and white. But for $1 I took it. I saw an eel flopping in the alley. Apparently he had escaped from the bowl. I alerted the proprietress so she could put it back with the others. Then we stopped for a late lunch. Nela showed us a place to buy kimbap. But she got bibimbap, while Myra and I got kimbap. But it was all good. Then we walked back to base. I had a time getting my cart through the carousel. Then we parted ways. They went home and I went to the post office. The young man brought me a letter for Chris. Then I went to the commissary. The only thing I could remember was pickles. And I wanted that mostly for the jar. They did not have that size today, so I got the smaller one. I gave the lady a $5 and she gave me a lot of coins. I did not want it so I tried to give it to the bagger, but she waved it off so I handed her a $1. She waved it off and mentioned the coin, which she then put in a plastic pig sitting on the checkout stand. I did not understand. I pulled my cart back to the duplex. I read some e-mail and ate some persimmons. Then I unpacked my cart, and washed the items that would touch food. I auditioned and installed a stick-up shelf in the bathroom. I put magnetic hooks on the fridge. I put suction cup hooks in the laundry room to hold the mop and broom. Then I got out the fabric from yesterday. I sat with it for awhile, then cut off the corners and put the darker pieces in the washing machine because it would not all fit. I thought I should clean and straighten the place because the housing department was coming by tomorrow to inspect the heating system. But I could find no part of me that felt like doing it. I ate some chicken and made a salad. I put the fabric in the dryer. I read e-mail then checked on the dryer. I took out the fabric and folded it. The towels went back in to finish drying. I read e-mail, saw a tutorial on a blanket with self-binding. I mounted my calendar above the mantle with double-sided tape. I placed a chair in the blank spot next to the fireplace, just because it needed something. Cecily asked for my Christmas list so I tried to come up with something she would enjoy shopping for. I sent her links to things I found on line. I cleaned up in the dining room, the bathroom and the bedroom. I separated my Korean cash from my American cash. I cleared off the desk and wiped it in preparation for the exchange tomorrow. I wonder what they will do with all the old desks? I checked e-mail and found one from my husband. I was glad to hear that he had arrived safely. Then it was almost 11 and time to go to bed.

No comments: