Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Met a new quilter

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30 but I was already awake listening to Chris get ready for work. After he left, I decided to make it a coffee morning, listening to audios during the process. I was listening to a live streaming audio when Chris came home from work for lunch. While he ate lunch, I made up a weeks' worth of supplements and a new spice mixture. But both were incomplete because I ran out of ingredients. Chris went back to work. I sent him an e-mail about the next Swansons order and he picked it up at the post office and brought it here. I used it to finish up the supplement doses. Then I got ready for the commissary. I had coconut oil in my hair for my once-a-week treatment and I figured if I went to the commissary everyone would know who I am and that my hair was oily. But laziness won out. I combed my locks and just went. On the way, I met Myra. We had not met before but she knew I was new and had heard of me. We hit it off right away because we are of similar age and share an interest in quilting. She invited me to join her walking group. Then I went to the phone store to ask about deleting the apps that were in Korean. I looked around the PX to buy a supplement that they had online for sale. But it wasn't there. Still, I was surprised to see they sold food there. Then I went to the commissary for groceries and a plunger. Our current need for a plunger had been overcome by copious flushing, but having one seemed to be a good idea anyway. I carried it all home, then put away the food and the other items. I finished the spice mixture. Then I read e-mail and got hooked on Pinterest. Apparently I was looking for humor in all the wrong places. Most of the pins just weren't that funny. I took a break to try to attach the outdoor thermometer to the front porch pole. I was having some trouble when Chris came home, but I got it figured out. He made himself a cabbage salad and I made a spinach one. I put two Korean sweet potatoes in water to grow. I made him look next door to see if the lady who lent me her machine was home. But the place looked dark. Then we watched several episodes of Firefly. Chris put some coconut oil on my ear. He went to bed and I solved a pencil puzzle and went on to another one, but could not see well enough to finish it. So I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is a chrysanthemum plant with 1500+ blossoms *

No comments: