Saturday, November 7, 2015

Walking around town

My alarm went off at 7:30, but we stayed in bed. Later I got up to drink water and my back seized briefly. The electricity went off, and then I remembered the paper that said it would go out twice today. I did a modified form of exercise without the benefit of an audio. Then the electricity came back on. I made breakfast, and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I got dressed, including coat and scarf, and umbrella. We took the map and walked down to Admiral Yi circle, passing the market and looking inside to see what they had. It was a fact finding mission. We walked counterclockwise around the circle. We went down the four-lane heading east. We walked down some side streets to Clock circle. It kinda sorta sprinkled. We found the Office Depot and bought hooks, a strainer, and an outdoor thermometer (in Celsius). We wandered into the everyday market with its baskets of produce and fish. Some baskets held seeds or beans, but when we asked for chia and flax, they said no. They did not have turmeric either, in root or powder. On the way back, we passed GS 25 supermarket. I looked for the little floss picks, but they did not have them. No one did. On from there, we found the now-defunct train station. I took a pic of the street map, thinking it would be more accurate and detailed than the drawing from Chris' internet packet. Continuing on, we saw what looked like a massage business across the street. From there we walked back to the base. We proceeded to the post office and the bathrooms. Then we went to the commissary. There we found flax and chia seeds! We got some groceries and walked home. My back was tired. Chris put the groceries away. I read e-mail. Later I found a few things to eat. Chris did laundry and made onion soup. I opened up the outdoor thermometer and made dots for the Fahrenheit temps. I put it back together and placed it between the back window and the screen (until I can find a better place). I got out the sewing machine that came from Linda. The bobbin winder did not work and I could not see a reason for it without taking it apart, and that did not seem like a good idea. Chris decided to watch a movie. So I sat with him. We watched, stopping periodically to fold laundry or check on supper. We had chicken and sweet potatoes and onion soup. After the movie (something about the Alamo), I worked some non-Sudoku puzzles in a book. Then I bundled up and Chris put on his coat. We huddled under his umbrella while walking to the theater. He bought tickets, and we watched Bridge of Spies starring Tom Hanks. It was a good movie, especially considering that it was inspired by actual events. I hoped the rain would stop, but when we got out, it was still raining hard. We huddled all the way back. At least it wasn't all that cold. Then I posted to my blog and soaked my sprouts, and we went to bed.

No comments: