Thursday, November 19, 2015

Folded fabric, folded paper

The heating system was making strange noises again last night. At least, I hope it was the heating system since the noises were right over my head. And it kept cycling. So I turned the heat down. But the temp never changed and the noises continued. I had to do some tapping to calm myself down enough to sleep even though it sounded like someone was dragging something across the roof and moaning.
I woke up a little before the alarm. I turned on the laptop and router, boiled water for the nuts and melted some shea butter. I put hydrogen peroxide on my ear first and then the shea. I put away stuff on the counter top in the master bath. I dusted the dining room table. I made the bed. I drank water while reading e-mail. The calendar fell off the wall so I put a bigger strip of double-sided tape on it. The adhesive for the little shelf in the bathroom came off, too. I took a few items off and pressed it good, then left the shelf off for awhile in case it needed to rest. I rinsed the sprouts while swishing. I exercised, then made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail.
I heard a noise outside so looked out and saw a long truck. I raced to get dressed thinking they were going to knock on my door (cue music for Three's Company). But they didn't. Their truck had desks on it and they continued up the hill. I did a short meditation, then started sweeping with a broom. I had to mop the entry way to dislodge the dirt. A few minutes later the doorbell rang. A Korean man took off his shoes and left them right in front of the door with the door wide open. He brought in a step stool. He did not say anything but started checking the heat registers. I moved his shoes so I could shut the door. I kept sweeping. The doorbell rang again and more men came. A third time, a man said he wanted to check the fire alarms. Suddenly my house was full of Korean men and the earsplitting sound of fire alarms. I kept sweeping. When there was no more to sweep, I started parceling out daily supplements for the week. They finished up the inspection and cleaning of filters. I had to sign a form saying the alarms were ok. Then everyone was gone and peace returned.
I noticed that two desks were stacked out on the street. I guess that truck was dropping them off in front of each unit. I finished the supplements, and ordered more. The men with the new desk arrived early, which was great. They took the lamp, too, and put in an LED one. It was so high tech that it came with an owner's manual. Swansons was running several really good specials, so I made several orders. Chris skyped me for a little while before he went to bed (in DC).
I set up the ironing board near the new desk. I piled the folded fabric on the desk and filled a spray bottle with water. I ironed while listening to several audios on the importance of strength training. When all the fabric was smooth and folded again, I went to the commissary for witch hazel (for the skin above my ear) and I checked the post office. All I got was a piece of mail. I picked up a map of Changwon and some handouts. As I walked back, I passed a lady walking up the hill on crutches. I felt badly for her.
When I got back, I ate some chicken with turmeric. I watched some Brad Yates tapping videos on Youtube. I cut all the red double-sided paper into 3- inch squares. I did not have a ruler, but I did have two small cutting mats. So I used one as an edge to cut against. It was not as accurate as a ruler. I folded the squares in pairs: one red and one white, to be sure I had equal numbers of each. The project required a total of 60, but I only got 36 out of the package. I could see another trip to the Daiso store in my near future. As I folded, I listened to show tunes on Youtube. Then I put on some meditation music and tapped for an hour and a half. And then it was time for bed.
* I am holding five petals to show how they will go together *

No comments: