Sunday, November 22, 2015

Surprise lunch

> Last night I turned off the heat in the bedroom to cut down on the noises. It did not eliminate them, though.
In the morning, I turned on the laptop. I drank a quart of vinegar water. I listened to an interview on treating depression without drugs while I drank and then exercised. It kept playing as I made and ate breakfast. When it ended, I washed up and got dressed, singing to warm up my voice.
I walked to the theater where church was held. I was thinking that I was only going so I wouldn't get out of the habit. I saw Jane and she bade me to sit with her. There was a keyboard player and a guitar player for the prelude and the opening hymns. That was very nice. Then we had communion, choir anthem and the offering. Last was the sermon. It was pretty conventional, but all his sermons so far have been. After the service, Jane (who is Korean) invited me to walk to a Korean church where she likes to go to have lunch. That was ok with me. But when we got near the front gate of the base, a man told us that it was closed and we would have to walk out the gate that leads to the Korean navy base. It made our trip a lot longer. It was too far for my church shoes, so we walked back to my place for me to change shoes. Then, as we were headed back down the hill, Jane spotted a family getting in their car. I'm not sure she knew them, but she asked them to give us a ride. And they did – all the way to the Korean church.
We were just in time for lunch. Jane led me to a back room where there was a single table with chairs. I insisted that I could sit on the floor so we went back out to the main area. We stood line to get food. She thought I should have taken more. She did, and she was no bigger than a thimble. Then we sat at a low table, without the benefit of any cushions. Sitting in my dress, I thought I should have worn pants. The food was good and she introduced me to many people. One man said they had an interpreter during the service for English speaking people. And I met the fire chief's wife, Sook. She put my number in her phone.
When we left the church, Jane headed uphill for the park. Since I had a long walk back in flats, I decided not to go. The walk back wasn't that bad, and I got overheated even without a coat on. When I got back, I took off my dress and threw it in the wash. I sat down to check e-mail. I folded the laundry and put mine away. I followed some interesting sewing links. I made notes on the construction of a twister wreath. I don't have that ruler, but how hard could it be? I tried to stick up the bathroom shelf again. I added double-sided tape to the mounting tape, also another hook to hold the end. It had hot glue on it, which was supposed to be heated with a lighter. I did not have a lighter to heat it so I used the iron.
Then I was ready to tackle the ornament. But the directions were open in Firefox and it was having problems. I searched for it with Internet Explorer. I did not find the same instructions, but close enough. I sang along with songs on Youtube while folding the last of the flower petals and gluing them together. I figured if people are moving in next to us, this might be my last chance to sing. Then a Three's Company behind-the-scenes special came up and I watched that.
Chris e-mailed me from the airport in Incheon around 5:30. He e-mailed again from Busan at 9:30. I finished watching the special and wrote up my blog for the day knowing that this day could go pretty late. He arrive here about 10:30 and said the new family is not moving next door to us after all. I published my blog post and we went to bed.

No comments: