Tuesday, November 3, 2015

How to answer the phone

I woke up in what seemed like the middle of the night. But when I actually got up to get some water and go back to bed, it was quarter of 7. It was a pleasant surprise and I stayed up. I listened to an audio on relationships. I read and answered e-mails. Chris skyped me from Singapore. I read the housing manual. Still no clue as to where egg shells go (garbage or food waste). The manual specified the temperature settings in Fahrenheit, but all the controls are in Celsius. Kathy texted me so we are still on for tomorrow. I found a street map of Chinhae and wondered what the scale was. I read my Korean hand outs, but they had only food nouns, no phrases. I swished, exercised and made breakfast. I listened to an audio as I ate and then did some tapping. I tried to skype my dad. Since the tenant manual stipulated that paper and boxes had to be broken down for recycling, I smoothed out and folded all the moving paper. I pulled off all the tape and threw it away. I broke down four of the boxes, keeping three just in case. Two of the broken down boxes went into the bedroom to cover the window. One went in the closet. The other one I taped shut along one edge and put all the folded paper inside. Then it was ready to be recycled. I swept the floor in the living room and dining room. I was looking for places to put the items from the priority mail boxes when my new phone rang. I could tell Kathy was calling. There was a circle with a green phone in it and one with a red phone in it. I tapped on the green phone but nothing happened. I kept tapping until it stopped ringing. I sent her a text saying I did not know how to answer the phone. Then I realized that I did know how to make a call, so I called her. She said she had called by mistake. But she also told me that I have to SWIPE the green phone circle in order to answer a call. I wondered whose great idea that was. But it was very helpful information for next time. Then I took a shower. I moved my computer from the couch to the desk, then to the dining room table and then around the table. I felt like Sheldon looking for the perfect seat. But I needed a place where I could see my laptop screen without glare from a window and have an outlet nearby. I took my sack and went to the commissary. I got some cleaning supplies and some coconut oil since their coconut oil tastes better than what I shipped. I went to the bank to cash a check but they said I needed an account, or I could have a joint account with Chris but he had to be there to authorize it. Then I went to the phone store, but the lady was out. So I went to the post office, thinking I had a cart from the commissary to carry the boxes. There were three more coming and, hopefully, a sewing machine. Well, no boxes today. So I took the cart back to the commissary since I could carry the mop and stuff by myself. I met Burt's wife and two of their kids. She gave me her phone number. Then I walked home. It was such a nice day that I turned off the heat in all rooms and opened the windows. I made myself a salad with a hard boiled egg on top. I read e-mail. Chrissie sent me a pin of a stay-put towel. I looked for a tutorial on it. I took a break from e-mail to water the mint. There was no handle on the faucet. It needed a special tool, and I remembered seeing one in the same pile of stuff that had the tenant handbook. I used it and watered the mint and the strawberries that grow in the front flower bed. I read a few articles on toxins in our food supply. I set some alarms on my new phone. I put on an audio and sat on the couch to finish my book. The noise from the kids outside was quite loud. This was the first time I had heard them. But after awhile, there was quiet. I stopped the audio and put on some music. I finished the book. Then I was falling asleep. I wanted to stay awake in case Chris tried to skype me. I washed the dishes in the sink. I read about recycling again in the Resident's Guide. I had found more plastic bags and I wanted to be sure they would be taken. I opened them one by one and pulled each one over the mop handle. When I was done, I squished them all together and shoved them into the plastic recycling bin. I opened the mail and e-mailed the bills to Chris. I researched food grade hydrogen peroxide to get the funny taste out of my mouth. Chris skyped me and we talked for awhile. Then he hung up. I finished a few open windows. I rinsed the sprouting seeds I started this morning. Did I mention them? Then I finished my blog post and went to bed.
* Here is a pic of the entrance to the park *

No comments: