Friday, November 13, 2015

Five day market (in the rain)

I vaguely heard my alarm go off because Chris had shut the door so he wouldn't wake me up. I guess it worked. I got up to start my day with the usual audios and exercise. I made and ate breakfast and got dressed. I meditated for a few minutes only. Then I put on my fanny pack and got my umbrella. I walked to Myra's place. There I met Chaun. We walked to the school and met Nila. I had to go to the bank for Korean money so they used the atm while I went inside. The ladies at the counter told me about the Friday bus that goes to Daegu and that the Daegu market is better than the Busan market. But when I mentioned that to the ladies outside, they said we could not ride the Friday bus just for personal reasons, only if we had business in Daegu. Then we went out the front gate to a bus stop. Pretty soon the bus was there and we rode it to Homeplus and the five-day market. It was hard navigating the market because of all the umbrellas and the canopies. It seemed to me that the offering was much the same as in the everyday market. We went into Homeplus to have lunch. I am not sure what I got, but it was good. There were models of food in a display case with numbers. So we ordered by number and picked up our food from a nearby window when it was ready. After we ate, we sat and talked for a long time. Then, just before we left, one lady bought a rotisserie chicken. We had to pass the five day market on our way to the bus stop and I bought a bowl of apples. I was sure she told me 5,000 won, but when I handed her a 10,000, she did not give me change. Myra said that was because the large apples are more expensive than the larger bag of smaller apples. I could have handed them back, but they did look really good so I kept them. It took awhile for our bus to arrive, but the rain was slower. We had no problem riding the bus back to base. We walked up to Myra's place. The others followed her then, but I continued up the hill to our place. I washed and ate an apple. I read e-mail. Then I did an Oprah meditation. Chris came home in the middle of it. I was reading e-mail again, when the exo knocked on the door. He said we looked like we were playing Battleship with our laptops back to back. Ha! Chris handed him the GPS unit for him to charge in his car. I started reading a Mr. Monk book from the library. Chris put on Firefly again, so we watched three episodes. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* This man is making fresh sesame oil in the market *

1 comment:

KB said...

The rain can really make a big change to our day.