Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Martian

I heard the alarm go off, but did not feel like getting up. However, 10 minutes later, I did feel like getting up. Did my cortisol go up? Anyway, I swished and turned on the laptop. I deleted e-mail until I got to the Philosopher's Notes. I listened to that while I exercised. But before I finished, I remembered that recyclables had to go out by 8. It was after 8 but I rushed them out anyway. Then I made breakfast, forgetting to finish my exercises. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail. Then I took a quick shower. I got dressed and walked down to Duffy's to meet Myra and her friend who go walking every morning. But I did not see them. Either I was too late, or they did not go today because it was Veteran's Day. I circled around the school and came back to the duplex. Then I worked some pencil puzzles, word stuff and cryptoquizzes. Chris asked if I would like to walk. So we put our coats on and walked uphill following the walking trail. It was quite steep in places. As we were coming down, we saw Korean women picking up acorns. I stepped on one and twisted my ankle a little. So we went the shortest way back and picked up some acorns by our back door. Chris sent me some links on how to prepare them. So I put them in a bucket of water. At first only the worms floated. Then one acorn rose up. That one got thrown out. I processed e-mail and then meditated. Chris played a movie called “Forbidden Kingdom”. I joined in . After the movie, I put together a Swanson's order, double checking the prices with other sites. I put something in my Amazon basket, but did not submit the order because it wasn't enough for free shipping. We ate supper. Then we went to the rec center because they were offering free pizza and a movie for Veterans Day. Chris ate the pizza and introduced me to a few people. Then we went into the movie theatre to wait for “The Martian” to start. It was a good movie although I expected Chris to tell me all the inaccuracies later. There were some really tense moments when I had to close my eyes. But it was a good movie. Afterward my legs were stiff. We walked back to the duplex. I cleared e-mail while Chris looked up some of the actors from the movie. I was able to set up an online account with the exchange. But then I discovered that their price was higher than what I could get it at my regular website. I looked up and wrote down a recipe for hummus. I got caught up in reading answers to the question: what does it feel like to get old? People younger than me were answering it. I thought I was too young to answer. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Bonzai chrysanthemums *

No comments: