Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

We slept late. I was worn out from yesterday. When I did get up, I skipped most of my morning routine and went straight to e-mail and breakfast. We had plans for lunch so I did not want breakfast to be very late. After breakfast and a shower, I got dressed and we walked down to the corner CU store. I put $10 on my bus card and Chris bought himself a bus card. We went back to base and walked to Nela's house, arriving just at noon. Her husband let us in. He and Chris talked in the living room and I went in the kitchen to talk to and help Nela. When Thanksgiving lunch was on the table, her son came out and sat with us. We had turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy and a spicy dressing for the turkey. Nela made cheesecake for dessert. I helped her in the kitchen. She made a plate of food for Myra and her husband and another one for Chris and I to take along. She and I delivered the food to Myra, who said they were almost ready to eat. So we did not stay there long. Then we went back to Nela's place. She told me that they were here in 2002 and she went out a lot with her best friend Jackie. I wondered if it was the same Jackie that MaryAnn talked about. Around 4 we headed home. It had gotten colder and I wished I had brought a hat. I had seen earmuff in the stores yesterday and should have gotten a pair. When we got back, I read e-mail, but Chris went to the club to meet and greet at a party(?) where he thought he should make an appearance. I washed the food waste container. I worked some more cryptograms and a logic problem. I wrote an overdue check. When Chris came back, he made himself something to eat and read e-mail. Then we watched an episode of Sharpe's Rifles. We tried to get my dad on skype, but there was no answer. We left the skype phone number as a message. Dad called us back and we had a nice chat. Then it was time to blog and go to bed. I watched some outtakes from Three's Company and then posted and called it a night.
* This is a pic from the grocery store on Tuesday *

1 comment:

Alice Watson said...

Ha! Tony the Tiger Frosted Flakes. Same everywhere.....Happy Belated thanksgiving! Sounds like you enjoy friend and good food....