Saturday, November 28, 2015

Five-Day Market

After being up so late, we slept in, and I do mean 'slept'. I am not sure when we got up. I checked e-mail and there was over 100 messages to delete. I put together a weeks worth of supplements and tried to place an order for more. They had a Black Friday sale and I was trying to make it before midnight on Friday in the U.S. But the site was having problems with checkout. I assembled breakfast and then was able to place the order. I ate slowly while reading e-mail, waiting for the outside temperature to rise before we went to the market.
I put on a jacket and we walked down to the bus stop. We waited for the bus, but it did not come nor did it register on the electronic sign. So we walked to the five-day market by Home Plus. It took about 45 minutes. Then we walked down the main street of the market, looking for the sesame oil man. I did not see him by the time we got to the end of the street. We then walked back. Along the way, we picked up carrots, apples, goji berries, underwear, and hot corn on the cob. We stood out of the way to eat the corn. It was a bit mealy, probably field corn. I thought it would be better with butter. We took a side street near the entrance of the market. Just past it, we found the sesame oil and bought a bottle of it.
Then we walked to the bus stop. The electronic board said bus 305 was 20 minutes away. There were so many people waiting for buses that the seats were all taken. So I walked to a nearby vacant stop to sit. The next thing I knew, Chris was yelling at me. The bus had come early. I ran back and got on with no problem. We rode back to the base. Then I carried all our purchases back to the duplex while Chris went to the commissary. When I got back, I put the food away. Chris brought in chicken. He did a load of laundry and we folded it together. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle. I read e-mail and listened to a tapping audio. I looked at quilts on a site called 24blocks.com. I cut open the orb that Chris told me was a beet (that we bought in the market). It was white inside and tasted like a turnip or radish. I wondered how I was going to make it tasty. Chris baked chicken for supper and I dipped pieces of the vegetable in the juice. Not bad, but still not something I would choose to eat with other options available. I looked it up online and it turned out to be a purple kohlrabi. (I knew it wasn't a beet!) I made tea and washed dishes. Chris packed for his trip. Later we watched two episodes of Sharpe's Rifles. It was 11:30 so we went to bed.
* This was an interesting piece of furniture we saw at Lotte Mart *

No comments: