Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 2 of Ombudsman class

I put the wastebasket with the centipede outside as Chris suggested. But as I went to bed, I was remembering one of the classmates saying that the house heat has to run all the time because otherwise the centipedes will crawl in the vents. So I imagined them falling from the vent onto the bed, and slept with my head under the covers.

The alarm rang at 7. I got up for a pitcher of water and went back to bed. When I had drunk most of the water, I got up to exercise and put out the recyclables. I checked e-mail, and started an audio. Then I showered, dressed, and ate seed crackers. I walked out to Chris' car because it looked like his backup lights were on. But it was just the sun. I met Myra pulling up. We rode to the chapel for day 2 of class. We had lecture and exercises. Chaun's husband stopped by with a bouquet of flowers for their anniversary. It was so sweet. We broke for lunch a little after 12. I went to the post office, and tried to open the box but failed. I asked for assistance and suggested a taller foot stool. Finally I got our two packages. I got in Myra's car, and she drove me home. I made and ate breakfast , then met her outside and we went back to the chapel. We did another module and read about resources available to military and spouses. I found some I want to check out personally. Senior Chief came in near the end while we were doing scenarios. He told us stories about situations we will hopefully never have to handle.
Jane called just as the group was breaking up to say she was coming to post and needed to be signed on. Myra and I went to Security to check on her husband. She drove me home for my list and we grocery shopped together. Jane called to say she was 10 minutes away. So Myra took me home and I dropped off my groceries. Then she dropped me by Duffy's. I walked to the gate, and signed Jane on. She gave me some Korean popcorn. We went to the ATM for her to get cash. She taught me some new words. I signed her out at the gate, and we walked to the market. She bought cabbages on sale and some daikon radishes. They were heavy and I felt bad for her. I got some greens. Then she went to the bus stop and I went back to post. As I was walking uphill, Myra waved at me. She gave me a case of gingko drink that someone had given them for Christmas. She tried one and from her expression it must have been horrible. I took it home. Chris had just gotten in. He put away the groceries, and got rid of the centipede. I heated some cabbage soup for supper. I put dishes in the dishwasher. I worked the puzzle. I finished the audio from this morning, and was ready to watch TV but Chris was making a phone call to the states. So I melted some cacao butter in a measuring cup. He finished his call, but I was in the middle of making chocolate. So I whisked in cacao powder and some vanilla and cinnamon. I put in honey too, but not enough as it turned out. I emptied the last of the chocolates from the mold and poured new ones. Then I got out my silicone muffin tray and poured a little chocolate into each one until the chocolate was gone. That is when I tasted it and thought it was too bitter. There was little I could do at that point. I left it out to harden. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is my version of the Bloc-Loc ruler *

No comments: