Wednesday, February 3, 2016

QOV sewing

I got up a little before 8. I put the recyclables out by the road, in the bin with no top (since the tops get ripped off anyway). I glanced at e-mail while I drank water. I took a shower and got dressed. I started assembling the items for the QOV session. Myra called to say she was coming early to get out of the movers way (her neighbors were getting their shipment today). So she showed up as I was packing. She asked how I was doing, and I said I was sewing-good but not yoga-good. She carried stuff out to her car while I raced around thinking I had forgotten something. We went to pick up Nela. She told us that Housing told her to leave recycle tubs in the house and only put white bags of sorted items at the street. Interesting. Why wasn't that in the manual? We went to the chapel to unload and Myra re-parked her car behind the post office. We went to classroom 1 but were redirected to classroom 2. I know, and the ladies backed me up, that we were told last week that classroom 2 was not available. But since it is a better room, we decided to occupy it. I put a note on the door of classroom one. We set up the machines and an ironing station and a cutting station. Anna came and Myra got her started sewing strips. Nela used my machine to sew strips. I cut more strips and Myra pressed them. Nela sewed quickly and I was hard pressed to keep her in strips. Kathy came by for awhile and I showed her how to cut. She had just gotten the hang of it when her phone rang and she had to leave. We started packing up about 12:40. By one we had loaded Myra's car. She parked it at Security and we got in Anna's car. She drove us to the ROK base for lunch. It was her birthday. We walked to the third floor of the building which had stores and businesses. It was like a cafeteria. We perused menus and chose 4 items to share. Myra paid. Then we sat at tables waiting for our numbers to be called. The clerk helped us determine where to pick up each dish. Anna's son really enjoyed filling water cups and bringing them to the table. We had a good time. I would have taken a pic but my camera was at home. There were a few mandu left and no one wanted them so I took them home for Chris. Anna dropped us off at Myra's car, and Myra drove us to my place to drop off my stuff. As they left I presented each one with a piece of homemade chocolate. Nela gave hers to Myra because they were not sweet enough. I spent the afternoon reading e-mail, listening to audios, and looked for a good baby gift to make. I added to my files a few things I found on the internet. I filled out the volunteer forms as best I could, until I came to the 'references' part. I looked for patterns in my sewing room. I found the pattern for my iron caddy, which Myra and Nela both liked. Chris came home while I was sorting. He ate the mandu and made a burritto. I made a salad and used some of the dill Anna gave me. We read e-mail. I looked for my sprout growing kit. I posted Michele's picture to Facebook so Nela could see it. She wanted to see a pic of my daughter. I added it to my photo file, not realizing that it would send it to newsfeeds everywhere. We watched 3 episodes of Castle. Chris called the bank that bought our bank and it got heated. Apparently they did not think the process through before they merged and we lost access to our banking files. I wrote to my blog and posted it, not sure if we were going to bed, or doing more banking.
* These are herbs growing in Anna's house *

No comments: