Thursday, February 18, 2016

Last day of class

We woke up at 7 with the alarm. I got up to drink water and check e-mail. I washed up and got dressed. Chris left for work. I ate some seed crackers. Myra called to say her husband took the car so we would be walking. I left the house just in time to arrive on time. Everyone else was there already. Chaun brought her famous cupcakes and Jess brought strawberries and kumquats. I brought some chocolate. We went through a module on abuse. It was very emotional for me. Then we broke for lunch. I walked home to make breakfast, but the others walked to Turtle Cove for lunch. Chris arrived after I did. It took me the entire time to made and eat breakfast (while checking e-mail). Chris and I walked back together. He greeted our presenter. Chaun was there and took pics as people arrived. So I took a pic of her taking a pic of me. Her pics were for her photography class. Then we went through the last module. The CO and the SC came in near the end to observe. Then when we finished, they spoke about the importance of the training and how they hoped everyone who took it would use their new knowledge to help the people on base. They handed out certificates of completion. Everybody thanked everybody else for a great class. As we packed up, the CO asked if I had thought about being an ombudsman. I told him Cory was the best in class, but apparently Cory had turned it down. Then we got to talking to other people. Chaun took a group picture. Eventually, we all walked out. Myra and I stopped to talk to Tricia who teaches at the school. Then I walked Myra home and we talked to Daniele and Chaun, who walked her cute little dog. Finally I went home. I called Nela to see if she was going to the 5 day market. We talked for a bit but decided it was too late to go. I made some supper and listened to the third day of the Aura Seeing Fest. The exercises made my eyes hurt. I stopped when Chris came home. He ate and I checked e-mail. I looked for cute baby stuff tutorials. I took apart the backpack lining to add an extra piece. Then we watched a movie on youtube called The Lost Future. It wasn't a great recording, but it was an interesting movie. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog and tap for tomorrow.
* I discovered that my pics came out really dark. So I lightened them as much as possible with software and am posting the best one. *

No comments: