Monday, February 22, 2016

Separating the good from the bad

I drank salt water before I went to bed. When I woke up, I only remembered one night sweat. Hmm.
Chris got up early this morning. I stayed in bed, got up after 8 to drink and check e-mail. I swished with coconut oil and activated charcoal to clean my teeth. Iate the last seed cracker. Then I walked to Myra's house. Nela came over and we worked on a 1700's costume for her son. We finished as Myra's husband came home. Nela and I went home for lunch. I made and ate breakfast and worked on today's puzzle. I made a new batch of seed crackers. I called Nela and she met me near the fire dept. We walked to the chapel to make certain that our room is still open for Wednesday, what with all the training going on. They assured me it was. Then we went to the Navy Lodge to find out where the FRG locker was. Nela went to get Myra. The man showed me where it was and I took a pic. Then we went back to the office. I said I would come back later in the week to clean it out, but Myra wanted to start right away. So I checked out the keys (turns out there are two lockers.) Nela brought latex gloves and masks. We spent hours going through bags of clothes, picking out the moldy stuff. Most of it was tagged from a yard sale, and tagged high. We put the best stuff in bags to be washed. We separated the trash, but left it for when we have a car to carry it off. On the way home, we ran into Akia. We talked to her about it since she wanted to help. When I got home, I checked e-mail and there was one from my neighbor asking about her machine that I was going to fix. So I cleaned it and put thread in it and balanced the tension as best I could. The top tension was tight even on 0. But other than flossing the discs, there was nothing I could do. I ate a salad for supper. I put the machine back together and took it next door. She gave me money to buy her yarn at the Daegu market. We talked and I giggled at her baby son who pushed her other sewing machine down the hall. So finally I just picked up the machine and brought it home to work on. I ate some chocolate and an apple. I put the celery in food waste for pickup tomorrow. I read e-mail. We sat down to watch 2 episodes of Castle. Then he went to read in bed. I laid on the couch until I mustered enough energy to post to my blog.

No comments: