Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ox-tail soup

I got up after the alarm went off. Chris stayed in bed, sleeping. I boiled water for the nuts. I drank water and exercised. I tried out my new glass teapot and was underwhelmed. It did not seem sturdy enough for a burner so I did not turn the heat to high. It took a long time for the water to boil. When I decanted it, the steam burned my fingers. I did my coffee morning routine. When Chris was awake, I asked him if he wanted me to stay home with him and he said no. So at 11 I rolled up my mat and went to yoga. I was a little late but got more than enough of a workout. We had a record crowd. At the end my back hurt even though I did not do everything the instructor did. Myra massaged my back. Then six of us got in two cars and went to lunch. Suzanne knew a good place for oxtail soup. It was 13,000 won. They also had tendon soup, so I ordered that to go. We sat around the table and had a good discussion of issues on base. I kept shifting my position because my back hurt and we were sitting on the floor. When I finally had to stand, the others stood too and got ready to go. We stood in line to pay our bills and then put on our shoes. I rode back with Anna. She dropped Sue off and then parked at her house (which isn't far from mine). She helped me bring Myra's mat to my house. Then she had to go. When I came in, Chris was watching a movie. I put my tendon soup in the fridge. I wrung out a wash cloth, put it on my back and laid in bed on a heating pad. I fell asleep. When I woke up, it felt better but I stayed in bed a little longer. Then I got up, put cinnamon on apple slices and ate them while watching the end of the movie with Chris. I checked e-mail, getting up frequently to move around. Netflix finally received the last disc we watched. I tried to add streaming to our plan since one movie a month is really inadequate. But that option did not work, no matter how many times I clicked on it. I listened to an audio on the gall bladder. That prompted me to search Swansons for bitters and lecithin.
I made a salad for supper. I changed my location on skype and blogger because my sister suggested it. I listened to an audio from the Metabolism Summit. I put recyeclables by the door. I made a list of items to bring to QOV tomorrow. I decided it was high time to check out the shipped (damaged) machine to see if the new part fixed the problem. I had to pick something to sew on, and then...it messed up. It made some stitches, but the new shuttle looked scratched and the thread screwed up. And it still groaned before it would start. I sat down to file a claim with USPS. I had to edit my profile with them to reflect my new address. They claimed the tracking number was for an uninsured package. But there was an insurance sticker on the box. Since it had its own number, I typed that one in and it seemed to work. I filled out the data boxes, but then they asked for proof of value as a pdf or jpg. I looked up my model machine online. It was marked down to $119 from $349. I had to do a screen capture to enter on the claim page. But while I was figuring out how to do that, the page reset and I had to fill it out all over again. Then it asked for proof of damage. The machine does not look damaged so Chris recommended writing up the damage in a word document. I did that, but it saved as an odt file, and not as a pdf which was all the claim site would allow. Chris told me to print it to a pdf file, so I did. But the page reset again. But I finally got it all in the third time. Done with that, I cued up another audio. I worked on my blog. I messaged Myra about stuff to bring tomorrow. I decided to go to bed when the audio ended.

No comments: