Friday, February 12, 2016

Duck Bulgogi

Just before I went to bed, I mixed a scoop of GI Detox in a cup of water and drank it. I also put essential oils on my feet and went to bed. I slept fairly well. I did not hear Chris get up or the alarm sound. And there wasn't much light coming in the windows because of the rain. It was after 8. I will spare you the details, but the GI Detox must have worked, because I almost had to call to have the toilet unplugged. After that, I tweezed my eyebrows. I drank lemon water with salt because I read lots of benefits of doing that. I looked through my e-mail and did some tapping. I worked on the backpack until Chris came home. I quickly got dressed and then we walked out into the rain. Chris brought 5 suits and we dropped them off at the drycleaners. Then we went to the duck restaurant next door. We ordered the bulgogi, which is normally beef, but this place specializes in duck dishes. A man put the grill on our table and lit it. Nothing happened for awhile and then there was enough food for three or four people. In this pic, the lady had just brought all the side dishes – or so I thought. Then she came back with more. The bulgogi had to cook for a bit, then we ate it on lettuce leaves. It was all so good that we asked for the leftovers to be wrapped up. Chris particularly liked the sauce. I am not sure we communicated that. She brought rice, onions and seaweed and stirfried it into the leftovers, pouring off the sauce and fat. She packaged that into a plastic container for us. They did not charge extra. The on the way out, the man gave us cups of coffee from his coffee machine that grinds the beans. When we got outside, I gave my cup to Chris and he drank them both. Then we walked back to base. Chris proceeded to work and I went home to read e-mail and have a few strawberries. I worked on the backpack all afternoon. I wrestled with the loop, first getting the side pockets attached and then the zipper, then trying to attach it to the front, which had rounded corners. It was like trying to sew a set-in sleeve. Sue and her husband came over to get some boxes from our shed. They had been asked to move off post. Back in my sewing room, I basted the front to the loop that formed the sides first by hand and then sewed it. It was almost 8. I heated up a burger and put some of the rice mix from lunch on it. Chris hooked my laptop to the TV and we watched Robin Hood: the one with Russel Crowe. I made some tea, and drank it while posting to my blog. The tea was made from dried berries that I bought in the market. I don't know what kind they were, but the instructions were to boil them and throw out the first water, then boil them again, and drink that. Then we went to bed.

No comments: