Monday, February 29, 2016

Apron class

I got up after Chris did. My knee did not hurt when I got out of bed, but it was still sore in certain positions. I drank water, swished and exercised. I watched videos as I ironed a piece of blue fabric to take to class. I took a shower, and ate seed crackers. I put some red, white and blue fabrics in my class box. I could not find my take-to-class sewing machine. I looked everywhere and found it set up in the sun room. Then I remembered doing that. I packed it in its case. Myra and Nela came by. We loaded the fabric and sewing stuff in the car, and went to FFTC. We unloaded and Myra had to leave. I spoke to Dan about having the room through the month of March. He said the military could commandeer it at the last minute. During class we made aprons. Some ladies brought their own fabric and some chose from our pile. Kelly had trouble with the machine I had fixed for her. I put my own thread on it and it worked find. Most finished and helped to clean up. Anna came back with her boy, but she did not finish her apron because he was into everything. Myra returned during class. She took several people home and came back for me and my stuff. She took me home. We sat talking in the parking space for some time, then carried my stuff to the house. Kelly's daughter returned my spool of thread, I took her machine back, and she gave me her husband's jeans to mend. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to tapping audios while patching jeans and ironing fabric. I laid a length of fabric in the hall to fold it and it got dirty. The floor must be dirtier than I thought. I swept the floor. I continued ironing and folding. I took a break at 4:30 to return the pants next door. Then I ironed until I finished the last piece. I got some food from the fridge for supper. Chris came home. We talked. My laptop was still in the sewing room (so I could listen to audios), so I went back there to read and clear e-mail. When Chris was ready, we watched 2 episodes of Hornblower (because the first was to-be-continued ). Then I drank my nightly salt water and we went to bed.

No comments: