Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ombudsman class

I got up with the alarm at 7. I drank water and read e-mail. I washed up and got dressed. I found some paper to take notes on. I checked on the centipede in the wastebasket. He was still there, but in a different position. I ate seed crackers with coconut oil. Myra came at 7:45 to get me. We had to park at Security to get a spot and walk to the chapel. When we got to the classroom, I noted two people I did not know. One was an ombudsman from Yongsan and the other was a male spouse whom I just hadn't met yet. The instructor was from Japan. She taught two modules of the course before breaking for lunch. There were exercises to do, but not difficult ones. Myra drove me home for lunch, during which time I made breakfast. She picked me up at 1:35 and dropped me off at the post office. She went to park and I got in line to have someone help me get my mail. There were two packages. I carried them to class. I wasn't the only one who was a little late, so class had not started yet. Then we did module 3. The senior chief came in for the last part. Most of the information had been vague and general. But we ended with sample situations. The theme seemed to be that ombudsman can not share anything they hear with anyone else, except for the CO. Everything is fair game for the CO. Lots of stuff fell in the 'mandatory report' category. I decided that I did not want the job because I don't want to report what people tell me in confidence. Class ended at 4 and we walked to Myra's car. She went into the building to see her husband. Then we went to the FFTC room to get her box of goodies that were leftover. She dropped me off at my place and went home. I checked on the centipede, and then e-mail. I ate supper and put ginger slices in water to simmer for tea. I called Myra to tell her how much her items from Swanson's cost. I did today's Sudoku puzzle, made tea and left it to simmer. I called Nela to see how her class went. She tried to call me on Facebook but I don't have the right app. She shared a pic of two scarves she is knitting that look like pencils. I did a meditation from AuraFest. I brought the backpack lining pieces to the laptop. While I watched an episode of TQS, I basted the side to the front. Before I finished, Chris called. I told him all about my day. Then he hung up and I finished the episode and the basting. HOWEVER, the length of the side did not match the perimeter of the front, and that really ticked me off. Now I will have to add a piece, even though I measured carefully. I decided to drink my tea, prepare the recyclables, and go to bed.
* Here we are, explaining our poster marketing the ombudsman program *

No comments: