Wednesday, February 10, 2016

PJ party

As I was heading to bed last night, I saw the recyclables. So I flattened and bagged them and set them by the door. I also prepared the food waste container in case that might get picked up since the pickup was canceled or postponed for the lunar new year. I put on a castor oil pack and laid down to sleep. I slept ok. Not great, but the night sweats were not as bad.
I got up after the alarm. I threw a coat over my pajamas and set the bags out by the street, and the food container, too. I listened to an audio while I swished and exercised. I took a shower and got dressed. Then I ate some seed crackers with coconut oil paste. I called Myra at 9:35. She drove over and we loaded my stuff in her car and drove it to the chapel. The classroom was already heated. We set up, then I ran my sewing machine while she stood outside the door to see how loud it was. We decided it was ok with the door shut to sew even during the Ash Wednesday mass at 11:30. No one else came to sew. The school was having a potluck so all the mothers were there. Nela came by for a few minutes just before the potluck. Chris handed me two bottles of geranium oil just before the service started. Not many people came to the mass. Afterward, Chris came in with another woman whom he introduced as Maria. She is into arts and crafts and her husband sews. But she is only here temporarily so … She was happy to discover that Myra is going to Seoul this weekend so the two of them are going to ride the bus together. Then the two left. Myra cut and trimmed blocks while I added white triangles to the blocks that needed them. Nela came after the potluck. She helped us pack up and to carry the stuff back to Myra's car. Myra dropped her off and then took me home. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail and did today's puzzle. I formally responded to Chief Crowe that I would attend ombudsman training. Myra did it yesterday and they had her scheduled for an interview already. I don't want the job, just the information. But if Myra takes it, I would help her. I tapped through some recent video postings. I filled out the CYP volunteer form. I read the proposed FRG by-laws and made notes on things that need clarification. I made up a new round of supplements, adding in the newest ones. I made up a bottle of liver detox using the geranium oil. I boiled chrysanthemum blossoms and slices of ginger in my new tea pot. I ate a burger with hummus and freshly crushed garlic. I watched more tapping videos. We watched 4 episodes of BBT. Then I put my tea in a jar and bundled up. Kathy had posted an invitation to all the ladies on post to attend a pj party at her house at 9. I thought she was kidding about the pj's so I walked over in my regular clothes. I think I was only one not in pj's or sweat pants. There was wine and snacks, but I drank the tea. Lots of ladies showed up. They had a great time and I tried to keep up with the conversation. Then the newer mothers had to go home. Kathy and Keymore regaled us with stories. I got so tired I could hardly stand up. Keymora gave me a ride home and stayed to see that I got in the house. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* No pics from the party. This is from last week *

No comments: