Sunday, February 7, 2016

Walking into town on Lunar New Year's Eve

Chris got up before I did, to get ready for church. I got up right after he left. I drank a quart of water and checked e-mail. I messaged back and forth with Myra. I took a shower and got dressed. I was folding laundry when Chris came back from church to drive me to my service. Jane was not there, so I sat with Karon. The song leader was not there either, so we all sang the three hymns acapella. But, when the choir sang, they had a keyboard player. I wondered why she did not play the hymns. After church I was talking to Karon and we were asked to count the offering. Aha! It was amazingly simple since few people showed up for the service – lunar new year. After the counting, Karon and I were talking and I heard Chris' voice. He had come to pick me up. We went home. I changed out of my dress. We fell asleep. Then he got up to walk to the commissary. Myra called to see if I wanted to walk in town. I didn't think anything would be open. But I grabbed a box of vitamin C and a handbag pattern. I stopped at Karon's place to give her the vit. C for her husband. Then I walked up to Myra's place. Her husband was there and I wished I had brought him some chocolate. Myra showed me the beautiful dishes she got from her Korean friend whose mother had to move into a home. Then we visited the ATM and went walking into town. We decided to visit the underground fish market. It was mostly restaurants. I wondered if you had to buy the fish and take it to a restaurant to cook it for you. When we came up, I did not know where in the market we were. But we found our way. We went to Daiso for Myra to get stuff to hang her rulers. As we wandered around, I saw a lady selling bottles of sesame oil. Some were clear, so I got one of those. (Chris said later that it smelled like fish oil). We stopped at another store to get a hairbow for MaryAnn. Myra wanted fabric for tomorrow, but those places were closed. The market was much cleaner than usual. When we got back, we went to our respective houses. Chris was on his laptop. I made bread, and then breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. I came up with a list of small super-easy projects for sewing class and looked up links to the projects. I made a list of materials needed so when we go to the store in Daegu, we can tell people what to get. Then Chris and I sat down to watch The Legend of Zorro with Antonio Banderas, kind of a sequel to the Zorro movie we watched two nights ago. Chris went to bed while I posted to my blog, wishing I were more ready for tomorrow.
* No pics today, so here is one of decorations at the party yesterday. *

No comments: