Friday, February 5, 2016

So sore

Chris got up early to go to work for a 6am call. I got up about 7:45, not having heard the alarm go off, but having watched the daylight steadily increase. I was very sore, especially my thighs. I seriously reconsidered going to the community roundup. But Chris called and offered me a ride so I agreed. When he got here, I was dressed and had eaten some seed crackers. We rode to the bottom of the FFTC and took the elevator up to the third floor. We were the first people there. Chris sat in the front row and I sat in the second row so I would not look like I came to talk. When the ops officer reviewed the 8 week schedule, I suggested that the quilters be on it and he said ok. That was my entire contribution. I sat and listened to every one else tell what their group was doing. Afterward, I talked to MWR about a trip to the fabric market. Then Chris dropped me off at home. I made and ate breakfast. Linda texted that she wanted me to come over, but I did not respond soon enough. Nela called to meet at one for walking into town. I wrote a post for the community Facebook site and wanted to post a pic with it. Kathy had taken some and texted them to me. I had a devil of a time tying to get them to my laptop. So I took a pic of the pics on my phone and they turned out ok. I got Nela and Myra (who were in the pics) to agree to being posted. Myra suggested I post one of Anna as well, but I did not have her number to ask her permission. Chris came home just then and said I could post her pic later. I posted and then remembered that there is a baby shower tomorrow. I started working on a hooded baby towel. Then I ran off to join Myra and Nela. Chris called to say I had left my ID at home. He brought it to me on his way back to work. Myra, Nela and I walked into town to the everyday market. I bought allen wrenches and a tub to soak my feet in. We went to Daiso and I mentally screamed all the way up the stairs. My poor thigh muscles. I did not get anything there. Going down was just as bad. We followed Nela to a kimbap place. She picked up three rolls for her husband. I bought one for me. We found a new fabric store, but there was nothing suitable for QOV and it was quite expensive. We stopped at Office Depot on the way back, but I did not go up the stairs. When Myra came down, we left for the base. When I got home, my legs were killing me. I ate the kimbap, then sat down to read e-mail and listen to audios. I visited Linda to see the fabric she wanted to donate. I picked out a few pieces we could use. She served me tea. We took pictures of the hanbok she wants to sell. When her husband came home, I left. I listened to an audio and ate supper. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle. Then Chris came home. I jotted notes for my blog. I finished the hooded baby towel, in white with Winnie the Pooh ribbon trim. I wrapped it in packing paper and put it in a Swanson's box, but that looked too rough. I tried to make a gift bag out of some Korean paper, but had trouble getting the dimensions right. Then I remembered the guest bedroom. In there I found a gift bag that looked like a bear. So I put the towel in there and made a tag to put on it. Soon Chris was ready to watch Zorro, with Antonio Bandaras. I rubbed magnesium oil on my thighs and it stung. Chris rubbed my feet during the movie. Then he showed me how the bottom of his foot split. Yikes! He rubbed shea butter on it and went to bed. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: