Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Guess who went to lunch

I drank salt water before going to bed since it seemed to work last time. I woke up once to go to the bathroom, but never with a night sweat. Yea!
I heard Chris' alarm go off at 6, but he was gone. I shut it off and went back to sleep. I got up before my alarm because I could not tell what time it was. I listened to the rest of the audio for last night while working on today's puzzle. I exercised and drank salt water. I ate seed crackers. I cleaned the kitchen countertops. I made breakfast and ate it while checking e-mail. It struck me how empowered I felt that I paid for the bus and I could just invite anyone to join for free if I wanted. I took a shower and got dressed. I called Myra to pick me up. I moved my sewing machine and box of fabric and notions to the front porch to be ready. When she arrived, we put my stuff in her car and picked up Nela. Then we went to the chapel to set up. Anna came with her machine. And so did Elisa, and her mother. But soon they all left to see the kids do a presentation at school. Then it was just Myra and me, trimming blocks and pinning them together. Anna came back briefly then left to deliver lunch to her husband. Nela came back and showed us pics on her phone. Nela took pics of us sewing and pressing. We got the six rows together into three panels. Then it was time to pack up. Anna invited us to lunch, but Myra had other things to do, so she dropped Nela and me and my stuff at my house. Then Nela and I stood outside looking for Anna. Keymora stopped to talk and when Anna came along, she invited Keymora to lunch as well. We walked up the hill to Anna's house. While we stood in her kitchen talking, she made lunch. Nela sliced the meat and put some in each dish. Anna put rice noodles in each dish as well as parsley and onion. Then she added boiling water and served the bowls. We stirred as the meat cooked in the cooling water. It was very good. She had cake from Cabin Fever for dessert. We talked about planning going away parties. At 4, the ladies left to pick up their kids. I walked home. I posted my Daegu trip to the Facebook page one last time. I listened to the first audio of the second day of the tapping summit while working on the puzzle. I examined my neighbor's machine. It was missing critical parts, but I used some from one of my machines to verify that it did indeed work. I messaged her on Facebook to let her know and see if she had the missing parts. I got the towels and ribbon from the back to work on while I listened to the second audio. Chris came home, tired. He made himself supper while I tapped and sewed. Then he read a book while I made myself a salad. I ate while we watched several episodes of Castle. Then he went to bed while I stayed up to post to my blog and drink salt water.

No comments: