Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A tisket, a tasket, no more stabilizer for the basket

I got up before 8 to collate the recyclables. I put them by the door and Chris took them out when he left for work. I rinsed my broccoli seeds but they didn't look good. So I poured them out on the flower bed, hoping some would root. I cleaned the container. Yesterday I had put totally limp celery in a jar of water. This morning it was almost totally revived, but out of water. I poured in more. I also harvested three more containers of water from the shower filter. I drank a quart of lemon water and took some magnesium powder and citrus pectin.
I listened to an audio about the autoimmune paleo diet. I figured I could follow it for a day or two: no nuts, seeds, beans, tomatoes, rice, oatmeal, dairy, eggs, and some other things. I made a fabric egg up to the step just before turning it inside out.
Myra called to ask if I could sign Chantal onto post because she had a meeting at 1. I agreed. It was 11, so I finished cutting some stabilizer and took a shower. I collected scraps for class, and put the 15” ruler in my market bag. I walked down to the front gate where Chantal was waiting with her little one. I signed her on post and we walked to the chapel, she pushing the stroller uphill.
Some ladies were already there, setting up in Classroom 2. But I said I had been told someone had reserved classroom 2 so we moved to classroom 1. (That someone never showed up.) Myra came and so did Lacee, So Young, Dynee, Anna and Chong. Irene came for a short while. Most of them wanted to make baskets, but I only had enough for three. The others had to make eggs, as advertised on the community Facebook page. And Chong made a lot! I cut squares of fabric for the lucky three who were making the baskets. I played with Lydia so her mother could sew. Myra left early for her meeting. Dynee made another basket and helped Chantal with hers. But when Anna gave up on her dress and wanted to make a basket, Dynee gave her hers. Lacee worked on a dress she had a picture of. She brought an extra sewing machine and said we could keep it for classes. She said she had taught classes before (and I think she is willing to take over for Myra and me when we leave.) Chantal wanted to make a second basket for her other daughter. I told her all I had left were some scraps of stabilizer. She accepted and made them work. We packed up while she was still preparing the second basket. Then we waited for Anna to come get her stuff. When she did, we all left. I walked Chantal down to the front gate to sign her out.
I came home and ate the rest of the jar of onion soup. I also had some fresh coconut meat. I practiced napping for 22 minutes. Later, I practiced my trombone. Then I worked on my Easter dress. I hemmed it and tried it on. It was a little tight in the bust. Trying to let it out a litte, I noticed that the darts were only hand-basted. I ironed them, pinned them, removed the basting and sewed them. I laid down again, but only for a short while. Then I looked for something to eat. I had already had liver and onions, kimchi, cabbage pulp, celery, pineapple and onion soup. So I found something to drink; coconut water. I listened to Day One of Oprah's newest 21 day meditation.
I checked e-mail and saw that Tammy had messaged me on Facebook (2 hours ago). She thought her sewing machine was badly broken but wanted a second opinion. So I told her to come over. When she said she'd be here in half an hour, I rushed around cleaning the place up. Chris came home from work and made himself supper. I said a prayer, hoping that it was easy to fix and she could go home happy. I was cleaning up my sewing table when she arrived with her machine. We took it in my sewing room. She explained the problem. I took the bobbin area apart just as she had. I examined all the parts with my lighted magnifying lamp, but did not see any damage. I did see some lint so I pulled it out with the locking forceps Faye gave me a long time ago. Then I took off the needle plate and cleaned under there. I put the machine back together and she threaded it. I ran the hand wheel through a few stitches and it was fine. She plugged it up and sewed a line of stitches and they were fine. She was very happy. After she left, I told Chris I was ready to watch TV. But he was waiting for 9pm so he could call someplace in the states. So I read e-mail for a bit. I heard him go through a long line of “Press 1 now”, “Choose from the following menu:...” The last thing I heard was “We're sorry. This department is closed until 11:30am.” I could tell Chris was not happy. But he was right; customer service was not their strong point. He sat down and we watched one episode. It must have been the start of season 3. Then he went to bed and I wrote up my blog, wondering if my tapping buddy was going to show up tonight.
* Wish I had a 'before' pic. The difference from yesterday is dramatic. *

No comments: