Saturday, April 1, 2017

Fireworks on the pier

We stayed in bed late. I got up at 9. I drank a quart of lemon water and deleted e-mail. I made up a new batch of supplements, and ordered more. I made and ate breakfast. I did a Sudoku puzzle while listening to an audio. I cleared some older e-mails. I did some meditating and visualization. Then I got dressed to take my daily pic of the cherry tree in front of our house, but with a great roll of thunder, the skies opened up and hard rain hit. I took some pics from the front porch. Chris started the laundry. I read through the mantra statements that I typed into a file yesterday. I tried to put sleeves in a dress, over and over, each time finding a tuck somewhere in the seam. Chris came back to tell me that the sun came out, so I went out to take the daily picture. Then I listened to the praise songs for Sunday.
I worked again on the Easter dress until Chris said it was time to get ready. Then I put on nice slacks, warm socks, and a long sleeved shirt. I called Dynee to see if they wanted to ride with us. Then I put on my lined rain boots and a long coat and scarf. We met them outside and walked to our car. Chris drove us to meet the van, but when we got there, he did not have his phone. Since no one was there yet, we went back for it. The van arrived while we were gone. The others were standing around. We all piled in the van. There were no extra seats. The CO had his wife and both kids and Bernie brought Janelle. The driver knew where to go. Shortly we arrived at a pier. I remember the trip taking a lot longer last year. We all got out and stood around until Ms. Pae arrived. The activity did not start for over an hour. There was seating, but we were afraid it would fill up. Then we walked down the pier until we found street food. Anna bought some and shared it, but I did not have any. Then we stopped at a convenience store for hot drinks. I just stood in line to use the bathroom. When I came out, only Chris was left.
We walked back to the seating area where everyone was waiting. Ms. Pae spoke to someone, and we were allowed to sit in a section covered by yellow tape. Other people wanted to sit, too, but they were chased off. I was thankful to have a seat. I was warm enough except for my hands. I put them in my pockets or around my neck to keep warm. At 7:50, other people were seated around us and in front. Then at 8, the presentation began. There was a group of me with torches. They did some kind of dance. I could not see it because of all the heads in the way, but a man standing to my left was filming it with his cell phone on a selfie stick. I could actually watch his screen to some extent. Then a dance team did a song that sounded like something from the 50's, and then one from the 80's. There were speeches (in Korean). Several men were introduced (in Korean). Then the music started again, this time with fireworks. There was singing. For the next number, three guys standing on water flyboards were weaving around in the air. They had lights on their suits and fireworks above their heads. I can't remember if the next number had the dragon swooshing overhead. I guess it was remote controlled. Again, I had to watch the man's screen to see all that was going on. Near the end, Chris asked me to trade seats with him so I could see better. But by the time we did, it was over. We spoke to the lady next to him who was from the Indian embassy I Seoul. Then we found our group, ready to go home. We climbed in the van, sitting wherever we ended up filling the van from back to front. I was sitting next to little Terrie. He did not want to sit in his seat or wear his seatbelt. I was glad he wasn't mine. The trip back was not long. We got out our ID's at the front gate, but the guard did not check them. When the van stopped at our cars, we got out and Chris drove the 4 of us home. I was glad to get into our warm house. We changed clothes, and then watched two episodes. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* See the phone screen to the left of the first picture? In the second picture, the two men are on flyboards. *

No comments: