Friday, April 21, 2017

Planting flowers and avoiding beer

I got up about 7:30, a little after Chris left. I drank a quart of water and did some yoga stretches while playing an audio. Then Dynee knocked on my door. She had questions about the flowers we all got yesterday. So I got dressed. She told me that Carolyn and Mai had better displays than we did. We walked up there to look. Then we decided to put our geraniums in last year's baskets to put along the fence. She had 7, so I gave her 8 baskets. She'd already started planting in front of her house. She wanted to dig up a little bush in front of her house and tried with the trowel, but it didn't work.
Then I went in to get ready for my Skype call. I lowered the shade so my tapping buddy could see me on the screen. Then she texted me that she needed a few more minutes. So I went to my sewing room to work on the cupcake. I traced and cut little white circles for frosting and one for the dollop in the center.
I had started the running stitch for the cupcake top when I heard the skype call. I answered. She asked me about how my unread e-mails were going and we talked and tapped about her stuff. Then she told me she was going to an EFT conference in New Jersey. I was kind of jealous but also excited for her. At the end, she sent me two tapping links.
After the call, I mowed our lawn, Dynee's lawn and the public areas in front of our lawns. Mowing the back yard, I noticed Chris in the kitchen so I put the mower away and came in. I had such a hot flash that I had to rip my clothes off. Chris did not mind. I asked him if a hot flash was as dangerous as high fever and he said he didn't think the flashes lasted long enough.
I made breakfast while Chris ate his lunch. Then he left. I ate breakfast while watching a video on breathing and digestion. He said breathing should be light and even, not noticeable. He also said we breathe too much.
Then I watched a video on pregnancy and the microbiome. I worked on the felt cupcake. My felt was too stiff to do it right. Dynee came knocked on my door again. So I got dressed, this time in shorts, and answered it. She was digging out the bush with a real shovel. Between the two of us we got it out and planted it in the row with all the rest. I showed her how I water the plants and she watered a bunch of them. I placed a few more along the fence, continuing our geranium theme. We also put out the blueberry plants, and orchids. We planted roses in her front yard. We discovered that each pot of roses had two or three plants in it. She only wanted the pink ones, so I took the others and she gave me a yellow one. I put up the shepherds hooks. We were out of hanging baskets but still had the hangers, so I used the hangers with the fushia pots to hang them at the end of the row of bushes. I put the roses in 4 matching pots and placed them at the end of the cement fence. I also planted the three peppers and the two wave petunias. Then I watered everything. Dynee had to get ready for a dinner out. I went in and sat down to read e-mail.
I had just started the Day 9 meditation from Oprah when Chris came home. He changed his clothes and handed me a package from Swansons, then went to a party the fire chief was throwing. A little later he called to say it was for wives too and three of them were asking for me. So I made myself a green smoothie, then put on clean clothes. I walked down to the fire chief's house. It was the one with the front door open and a grill sitting on the sidewalk. I walked in and saw Terri so I talked to her. Eventually Kim joined us and Chris said 'hi'. I got a plate and tried the jabchai, pork and strawberries.
The fire chief came by to say that after eating, we would all play Beer Pong and darts. I wasn't interested in either game, especially the Beer Pong, since it involved throwing ping pong balls into a cup of beer (or whatever) and then the other person had to drink it. It just wasn't sanitary. We women tried to hide out, talking. Eventually the fire chief introduced me to some mixed drink he was fixing which called for Kalua, Vodka, and chocolate milk. He put it in a shot glass, but I only had one sip. It hit me pretty quickly. Chris came by and offered me a sip of his wine. Then I had to sit down, and the chairs were by the beer pong game. I watched. Kim and Mari came over to talk. Chris was in the kitchen, telling stories and trying the alcoholic beverages. One of the ping pong balls bounced near me. I threw it across the table. It bounced once and fell in one of the cups of beer. There was an outburst of acclamation.
I watched the time, knowing I had another skype call scheduled. Finally the party seemed to break up. The fire chief talked about tomorrow's party (for a different shift of his staff). I collected Chris and we went home.
He was in a talkative mood, so I let him talk. I told him some things I heard at the party. When the time for the skype call came, I went over to my laptop and checked my messages. There was nothing from her and no indication that she was online. Chris sat with me and we talked a bit more. When she did not show up, we took our conversation to the bedroom.... Then I came out to the living room to check one more time for a message. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Our new spring line-up. *

No comments: