Monday, April 24, 2017

Walking on base

Last night I listened to a delta audio on YouTube, hoping it would put me to sleep. But not so much. I went to bed and eventually fell asleep.
I got up around 8. I drank some water, then made coffee and exercised, rebounded and drybrushed. I did tapping and meditation (two from Oprah's current series). Then I cleaned the kitchen. Chris came home for lunch, so I moved to the bathrooms. He went back to work while I dust mopped the floors. I cleaned all the door knobs and then made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail.
I went outside to water all the plants. Dynee came came out to water hers. She suggested walking the trail. So when I finished watering, I went inside to put on my shoes. When I came out, Terri walked up with Lulu and wanted to socialize her. So we talked with Terri at length, ignoring Lulu so she would get used to sitting patiently while her owner was conversing.
When Terri left, Dynee and I walked up the trail, over the hill and down the other side. Then we went across lower housing and up the hill behind our duplex and down the steps. She went to her house and I went to my back door.
I put a stick of bamboo in a pot with rocks. I put three plant hangers on it to see what it looked like. I thought it might look good on the front porch, but what would grow there in the shade?
Then I called Myra to see if I could come see what she did with her plants. She said to come on down. It was 4 and I thought Scott would be home, but she said he was in the hospital with a broken foot. So I walked down to the quad. Myra was walking her neighbor's dog. She showed me all her plants.
Then we walked to the FFTC. She went to the Nex for a carton of soda while I went upstairs to find out how many people signed up for the trip tomorrow. Paul and Brittany were just leaving. They said only 7 people signed up, but they were going to run the trip anyway in case more people would come next time. I mentioned that Tuesdays were bad days for a trip because the school gets out early. So they said it would be a different day next time.
I went down to meet Myra. We walked back to her place. After we talked some, I went home for supper. I washed a large bowl of lettuce and some baby carrots. I ate that while listening to an audio and composing a post to the community Facebook page to encourage more people to sign up for the fabric trip.
Chris came home from work and made his own supper. I ate some spaghetti squash and some dried apricots. I jotted some notes for my blog. I started a video on menopause and brain fog.
When Chris was ready, I paused the video and we watched two or three episodes of Once Upon a Time. Then we discussed when I needed to get up tomorrow for the trip to the fabric market. He went to bed and I stayed up to delete e-mail and finish my blog.
* This is the black lettuce I bought in the market yesterday. *

No comments: