Thursday, April 27, 2017

Massage and shoe shopping

I got up around 8. I drank water and mopped the kitchen floor. I read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I brought the garbage can around to the back yard. The space it had been in was full of dead leaves. I swept up the leaves in the back, emptied the wet cardboard box of plant pots, and filled it with yard waste. I toted it up the hill and dumped it in the woods.
I got some dirt on my shirt from the wet box. I scrubbed at it with a wet wash cloth. While it dried, I transcribed more of the tapping video. It was getting so long that I moved the transcription to its own file.
I stopped the video to go outside and water the plants. Dynee came out as I finished watering all the pots. She wanted me to come along with her to a ceremony tomorrow, but it would take all day. I felt for her, but I declined, glad to have made prior plans.
Suddenly I realized it was time to leave for my massage appointment. I put on shoes and grabbed my market bag. I walked quickly to the massage place. Myra called just as the man came in the little room to rub my back and shoulders. She said she was coming out in town. The man rubbed me the right way most of the time. But sometimes it felt like he was putting his weight into my ribs with his elbow.
Afterward, I called Myra back. She was half way into town. I went to the junk store, but did not find a coffee pot or something else that would work. I walked back to the main street and turned left, toward the internet place which was where Myra needed to go. I stopped and called her again. She had gotten waylaid by proselytizers. So I waited for her to walk up.
We went to the internet place and she paid her bill. Then we walked to the rotary circle to see what was up with all the lanterns. I think it for Buddha's birthday. We also stopped by Michele's bank, which is in the circle. Then we went to Office Depot. There were no coffee pots, but they did have some nice plant pots. Myra got a gift box. From there we walked toward Daiso, passing three shoe shops. We looked at the shoes in each place. I was hoping for something to replace what I am wearing, but nothing was quite like it. We arrived at the plant place across from Daiso. Myra bought wave petunias. Then we went into Daiso. We looked at pens, pots, beads, and other stuff. As we checked out, I noticed it was getting dark, which means cooler. Because I was wearing shorts, I hoped to get home as soon as possible.
We were headed back when suddenly a dead bird whammed into the ground by Myra's feet. Looking up, we saw fluttering feathers. The bird must have flown straight into the building and broken its neck. We continued home, and went to my house. I gave her a container of pork ribs for supper. After she left, I ate two few myself. Then I put the glass pans that the pork was cooked in, in the oven to warm up the fat so I could wipe it up. Then I let them soak in soapy water. I washed a bunch of lettuce, and ate it while deleting e-mail. I looked at sewing projects on line. I listened to some interviews, then practiced my trombone. After one more interview, I tasted the kombucha that I forgot about for a few weeks. It was pretty sour. I added my nightly supplements to it and drank. I went back to transcribing. The taxi arrived with Chris in it. I paused to talk to him. When he went to change, I transcribed a little more. Then we watched an episode of Once Upon a Time. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* decorations in the rotary circle *

No comments: