Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dinosaurs, unite!

I got up about 7. I collated the recyclables. Then I broke down a bunch of Amazon and Swanson boxes and put them out for pick-up too. I oiled my hair.
I deleted a bunch of e-mail. I read some and listened to some interviews. I ran the dishwasher.
At 10, I started episode 7 of The Truth About Vaccines:
Studies have shown that people can be 'vaccinated' with homeopathic substances which carry no risk and do benefit the immune system.
“Healthy People 2020” guidelines are to get all adults fully vaccinated by 2020, with every vaccine on the schedule now and all the ones coming out. Electronic medical records now have a box for vaccine status to be checked. This may in the future affect your right to fly, get or renew a driver's license, go to public events, etc. One of the stated goals is to eliminate the right to refuse a vaccination.

I had breakfast. I had to pause the vaccine video to take a shower and put on shorts and a t-shirt. I gathered all the supplies needed for today's project. Then I headed out toward the chapel.
Myra was coming out of her place and it was timed perfectly. We walked together to the chapel. We went in the back door as instructed yesterday and found a man getting the room ready for a meeting. He said the chapel secretary had removed all our sewing stuff and placed it in the other classroom. I figured she had forgotten the large cutting mats, so I ducked in and grabbed those. Then we went to the other room.
Apparently the schedule changed since yesterday. I was glad we still had a room to meet in. I let the man know that our ladies were expecting to come into that room, so he printed a sign and posted it on the door. Then Sue and Chong showed up. We let them in the other back door. I got them started on the taggie dinosaur. Anna popped in to start one, but had to leave for a meeting.
Myra went home for the sign-in sheets and then went to the meeting in the sanctuary. It was about what to expect when you are expecting in Korea. Ok, so my target population for this project was hijacked. Still, everyone made one. Just after 1, Chantal called from the front gate. So I walked down there to sign her in, and we walked back together. She brought quilt blocks to work on, but made a taggie dinosaur instead. The ends of her center ribbon came out when she turned it right sides out. I stitched it with a deeper seam allowance, and then just topstitched the free end to the stitched end. I forgot to tell the ladies to clip their seams, so they had to be turned back, clipped, and turned right again. Anna came back after her meeting, and several people came from the expectant meeting. Allison came for the first time, and she made one. She had never sewn before, but she went slowly and did a good job. We started packing up. I walked Chantal back to the front gate to sign her out. Then I walked home. On the way I stopped at Housing to ask when we could meet there again. He said the men had moved out, but there were a lot of repairs to be done before the room was useable, and he would let us know when they were done.
I finished the vaccine video. I watched a few other, shorter videos that came in my e-mail. I laid down on the floor with two small balls under the back of my head. I listened to a Holosync audio with headphones. Since I have to turn my volume up to 100 on Windows 10 to hear anything, the headphones practically deafened me. I turned them down for 20 minutes. After the audio, I cleared some more e-mail. I blended up a cucumber and ate it. I did some Sudoku puzzles. Chris came home from work. He made himself supper. We watched two episodes. Then he went to bed. I practiced my trombone, then made a night-time potion of magnesium, vitamin C, tryptophan, and melatonin. I put up my hair, and wrote up my blog post.

No comments: