Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Busy rainy day

I got up about 7:40. First I prepared the recyclables and took them out to the curb. I saw the garbage can in front yard, and called Chris, who said it was to remind himself to take it out before he left for Seoul. I put a dark load of fabric in the washer. I wrote check to mail. I worked on a math problem that Kurt sent me. Then I read e-mail while drinking a quart of water.
Chris came home to put the pork in the oven to warm up, and went back to work. When the washer finished, I pulled the fabric out, and it was full of strings. I was trying to cut it free when Myra called. I talked to her, and it was kind of depressing news. I finished freeing the fabric, and put it in the dryer. I made up supplements.
Chris came home to get the pork from the oven, and take it to work. I ate breakfast, then folded the fabric from the dryer. I ordered more supplements. I poked my head out to see the thermometer and saw Dynee. She said to let her know when I was leaving. I packed my bag for class and put on my shoes. I called Dynee, then went out and watered the plants on the porch. It was a rainy day, but not on the porch. She came out and we walked to the chapel together.
Lacee was waiting for us. The classroom next to the storage room was available so we set up there. Soon Chantal and So Young came in. So Young brought her hair cutting kit from the class she has been taking. She took out her fabric and showed us the cape she borrowed from the class. Myra came in and she had an easier cape to copy. Dynee had enough blue nylon material for two capes so she and So Young both used it. Suzanne brought a cushion to work on. Ms. Chong and Chantal worked on quilts and Sue made two pillowcases. I was busy helping. In fact, I edged Dynee's cape for her. So Young also made a child's cape.
Then she sat me down and cut my hair. The others were watching and made nice comments. I wasn't sure if they were just being positive or not. But it was nice to have short hair again. It helps with the hot flashes. So Young swept up the hair and I put it in a bag for my garden.
One by one, they finished their projects and left. Dynee and I walked home together, except that Chris picked me up just before we got home. He had a lot of pork left over because not many people showed up. He was wearing a suit jacket and tie with crummy jeans. He explained that it was denim day.
He put the pork in the fridge and packed for his trip. I went outside to trim the bushes and watch for the taxi. I let Chris know when it arrived and he took his suitcase out to meet it. And then he was on his way to Seoul.
I put the last of the fabric in the washer, and added three small rugs. I ran it. I looked for my triangle ruler again. Lacee had found one so did not need it, but I really wanted to know where mine was and could not find it.
I put on the interviews from the Female Brain Summit, and ironed up all the fabric I bought while I listened. It only took 3.5 interviews. Then I had to plug up my laptop again.
I ate carrots and lettuce. I read e-mail, and swatted at a mosquito with my electric racket. I meditated with Oprah. I cleared a lot of e-mail.
Chris called from the hotel in Seoul. He was on hold with the airline people who had canceled our flight to China next month. We talked for a bit and then the lady came on the line. She did not have a good alternative, but promised to keep looking. Then he had to get ready for an interview with Fort Hood.
After hanging up, I continued my transcription of the tapping video. Then one of my tapping buddies messaged me that we were meeting later tonight. I didn't know that, but I responded that it was ok. I finished a little more of the tapping video. Then I had something to drink, and jotted notes for my blog. I put the clean rugs back in place. In a few minutes, my tapping buddy called me on Skype and we had a productive session, for both of us. It was after midnight when she had to go. I typed up my blog, took my evening supplements, and went to bed.
* Ms. Chong cuts squares for her next quilt. *

No comments: