Thursday, April 13, 2017

And so it begins...

I got up about quarter after 8. I drank a quart of water and deleted the first round of e-mail. I listened to some audios, one on chronic pain. He recommended rolling around on the floor, using different arms or legs each time. I made breakfast but left out the chia and flax seeds. That greatly reduced the bulk in the bowl. Chris came home for lunch. He brought two boxes from Swansons, one of which contained the cacao nibs I ran out of. There was an Easter card from Maryann. Chris told me he made the interview list for Fort Hood. I opened the boxes and made up a batch of supplements for the next 12 days. I finished the audio.
I got ready for my massage. On my way out, I noticed the peas and lettuce needed watering. So I quickly did that. Then I headed out to town. But when I got there, the man was busy. The lady at the front desk said that I had to wait 40 minutes (using her translator). So I decided to come back tomorrow. She asked me to make an appointment. So I said 3 o'clock. I walked into the every day market, but decided not to get anything. On the way home, I set my phone alarm for 2:25 so I would not forget my massage appointment. Going up the hill toward home, I saw Danielle and Terri on the playground with their dogs. I went down to greet them. After a nice chat, Terri went home and Danielle showed me her gardens; all around the building and by the sheds.
Then I went home. I ate some liver and onions. I looked for more onion soup but could not find any. I started eating a pineapple yesterday and had more today. I planted the top, which had been soaking in water since yesterday.
I started listening to Day 1 of The Truth about Vaccines. But 90 minutes later I had to pause it. I put on my shoes and went out to knock on Dynee's door. We walked to the chapel for the FRG meeting. The Catholics were already there (including Chris) for the Maundy Thursday mass. So we had to be quiet. We found 4 ladies already there. Dynee and I sat down. She put a plate of cookies on the table. Chief Hewett came in and ate about half. Amber started the meeting by saying how well the baby shower went. Then she discussed baked goods for command quarters (on the same day as the bus trip to Daegu fabric market). Then we discussed election of officers. She asked for nominations for president, vice-president and secretary. No one raised a hand. We discussed the funds, which are still in a box since no one wanted to give up their social security number to get an EIN to open a bank account. Myra had said I should volunteer for president, but with the funds still in a box, I just don't feel comfortable. So Amber said she would send a post asking for nominations and we would have an election on May 1st (if there were more than one per position.)
After the meeting, I saw Chris who said he had to go back to the office. I went to the FFTC to pay for the fabric trip. This time he was able to take my money and give me a receipt. Then I walked home.
I finished the Vaccine video. I listened to Day 2 of Oprah's series. I wrote up my day for my blog. I thought about eating supper, but my stomach was so bloated. And I couldn't figure out why. I practiced my trombone.
Coming out of the guest room, I spied something on the floor. A large centipede. I watched it for awhile and it didn't move. I had things to do, but did not want it to get away. I called Chris' office, but there was no answer. I called his cell phone, but did not get him. I watched it some more, then took it's picture. I wondered if there were any more I didn't know about. I called Chris' cell again. Still not getting an answer, I called Dynee. She had just answered the phone and listened to my tale of a centipede, when Chris arrived. Chris stomped on it, leaving a trail of innards. Ick!
Chris plugged my laptop up to the TV. I washed an apple and put it in the Magic Bullet with coconut water. I also added some cubes of frozen ginger tea. I ate that and we sat down to watch two episodes of Once Upon A Time. Chris scooped up the carcass and threw it away. I finished typing up my blog and went to bed.
* I can't believe centipedes are in season already. *

No comments: