Friday, April 28, 2017

No coffee pots

I got up at 8. Chris had already gone to work. I drank water and deleted e-mail. I was looking forward to skyping my tapping buddy at 9. At 8:30 Myra called to ask if I was going to Community Roundup. Since it is usually the first Friday of the month, I was not expecting it today. She also said that a Korean woman from Scott's office had given her a bag of kimbap, and it was too much for her to eat. So she wanted to share it with me. Since she did not have much time before Roundup, I got dressed and ran down to her parking lot. She was just getting ready to drive to my house. She gave me a bag with four rolls of kimbap and said she had kept just as many. I thanked her and went home.
I pulled a roll of kimbap out of the bag. It had two slivers of radish in it. Since food coloring was used on them, I pulled them out, then ate the roll. It was quite flavorful and tasty. Then
I settled myself on the chair by the window and set up my laptop. I needed a pen and found a nice one in the box of stuff Faye sent me. Soon my buddy called me. I couldn't not remember whose turn it was. She said it was mine so we worked on my issues for almost 2 hours. Then I called Myra to see how Roundup went. She said it was fine. We made plans to go to the market after she finished her show. I ate another roll of kimbap, this time with kimchi. The kimchi was tasty, but it covered up the flavors of the kimbap. Then I went outside to water the plants. I did the potted ones first. Then I watered the planted ones with the hose. I had my phone in my fanny pack on the front porch where I could hear it. Only I didn't, right away. When I answered it, Myra had already given up. When I got hold of her, she was ready. So I put on my shoes and took my market bag with me as I walked down to her parking lot. I got there at the same time she did. But she went back inside for her own market bag. Then she drove us to Home Plus and we walked across the street to the market. We saw lots of seedlings and flower plants for sale. They were fun to look at, but Dynee told me not to buy any more since she will be watering them while we are gone, and I respect that. I hoped the plants would still be around when we get back from our vacation. As we walked down the street, I looked for coffee pots and Myra looked for vegetables. She had more luck than I did. We also looked at shoes, but I did not bring enough money for that. In the end, all I got was pineapple and lettuce. I approached the kimchi stand, but the lady remembered me and that I prefer old kimchi. She crossed her hands at the wrists and said 'opsoyo'. Myra was loaded with peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, kale, carrots and ginger. Then we walked back to the car and came home. She dropped me off at my place. I ate another roll of kimbap.
I mowed grass in Dynee's backyard and in the public areas. Terri was walking Lulu and stopped to talk. All of her stuff had arrived and she had been busy arranging it in the house. I finished mowing and then watered Dynee's flowers. I
watched a documentary called Miso Hungry, about an overweight man who adopted Japanese cuisine and walking for 3 months and dropped 50 pounds. I also cleared more e-mail. I listened to interviews from the Female Brain Summit. Apparently memory exercises help with depression.
I boiled water for kombucha in two batches. To each one, I added half a cup of coconut sugar and three tea bags. After they boiled, I also added enough cool water to make 6 cups. I poured the previous kombucha in several jars and diluted them with the new tea. Then I sat down to listen to another audio while catching up on Sudoku. I took a break to water the plants the Chris put out back. I also put away the garbage can. I sat down again to read or listen. Chris came home from work. We talked for a bit, then I resumed listening (but I can't remember what it was.) When he was ready, we sat together to watch episodes of Once Upon a Time. During the second one, the video froze and we had to reboot my laptop. I was concerned that I might lose an open window or one of my open files, but I got them all back after the third episode. While I pieced together my day for this blog, Chris called the airlines and sat on hold for almost half an hour. I took my nightly supplements, then finished my blog. * Some odd looking plants at the market *

No comments: