Monday, April 3, 2017

To post or not to post...

I did some mental programming again, but did not feel like getting up. I waited for my cortisol to rise and it did, just about 7:50. I drank my quart of water, then swished. I drybrushed, rebounded, and exercised. I boiled water for coffee. I tapped and meditated. About 10:30 I started cleaning. I cleaned both bathrooms, then started on the kitchen. I had just cleaned the stove top when Chris came home. He made his sandwich on the stove and I had to wipe it again. I cleaned his side of the kitchen.
As I started on my side of the kitchen, my phone rang. It was Anna. She was ready early to help me post a photo album to the community page for the sewing group. She wanted to come over, so I said ok. I ran to my bedroom to get dressed and she knocked on the door. She must have called from my front yard! Chris answered the door. When she didn't see me, she asked him if I was in my sewing room and he said yes, so she went back there. Pulling on the first shirt and pants I found, I greeted her there. I showed her the project for this week.
Then we sat on the couch and she recommended that I put all the pictures for the album in one folder on my hard drive. We worked on that for awhile, until she had to go pick up her sons. After she left, I continued to look for sewing class pics on my laptops and desktop. I had to search through the pics from before my old laptop crashed. I assembled as much as I could without going back to double-check.
Myra called to say she was available to walk at 2. Terri wanted to walk, too, so I texted her to meet us there. I clicked on 'create an album' and threw the pics in there. I hit 'post', then went to meet them. We walked out in town to the canal and then to the rotary circle. We saw a man selling sugar cane. I was curious but did not buy one. Terri showed us a cute little restaurant she and her husband found. She also showed us the tent where they got the best food. She bought some silk scarves at a little stand. Then we went back to post, stopping at the corner market. It looked like watermelons were on sale for $3 so we each got one. But when Terri checked out, they charged her $15. So the cashier went to check, and there was another sign we hadn't seen. When we pointed out the one for $3, someone took it down. So no watermelons for us.
We walked onto base and up to Housing. They went in and I went home. I watered my peas, lettuce and pansies. I had just gotten back inside, when Terri knocked on my door. She wanted to borrow a vacuum cleaner. I was going to lend her the Kirby but could not find it, so I lent her the Windtunnel. I grabbed the car keys and drove her home with it. She promised to return it in a week. I went back home. I drank some kombucha, and then some more. Finally I realized it had alcohol. What a rush! I reverted to the fermented coconut water. I mixed up some breakfast.
I started making a floral headband. It is a very popular item at the festival, but I would rather make one than buy one. So I took one of my brown vinyl headbands and backed it with a piece of red ribbon. Then I cut small squares of pale tissue paper. I wrapped two around the end of a marker and dipped it in glue, then pressed it through a hole in the headband onto the ribbon. I did that several times, then left it to dry before doing more. I ate breakfast. I saw that my photo album had not posted. I tried again, but it didn't work. So I posted it to my own page and had no problem. I found a photo album of old quilts on my home page. I checked my Pinterest page to see if they were also there, but some were not. I downloaded them to the laptop and cropped them. But, inexplicably, Pinterest would not let me load most of them. A lot of the pics were really out of focus, probably because they were digital pics taken of old photographs. I wondered what had happened to those early works of art.
Chris came home from work and made his usual supper. I stuck a few more blossoms on my headband. I texted Anna to see what I had done wrong with the posting, but she agreed that it must be a authorization thing. She said Elizabeth could help. So I texted Elizabeth. She created an album for me. I selected all the pics from the sewing file and added them to the album. Chris sat down with me to watch TV. After the first episode, I checked on the posting. The pictures had uploaded, so I hit 'post'. After the second episode, I checked again. Only 26 pictures had posted. So I went through the file, renaming each picture that posted with an x prefix so it would go to the end of the file. Then I selected the remaining photos and posted them. This time they all went. Success! I saw that my friends were commenting on the file as posted to my home page. There is something very gratifying about hearing from them so far away. I tried responding, but for some reason it wasn't working. But bedtime was at hand, so I stuck a few more blossoms on my headband, posted to my blog and went to bed.
* a lovely picture of the rotary circle - if only you could see it through the cherry blossoms. *

No comments: