Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Belle in the making

I stayed in bed late to get some sleep once the night sweats subsided. I got up about 8:30. I drank a quart of water while deleting e-mail.
Then I listened to an interview with a man who teaches people to walk correctly. It was fascinating to hear how people stand, sit, walk and sleep incorrectly. IT seems walking, if done right, massages all the organs and is very healing. I downloaded his e-book on psoas release.
Then I listened to the next installment of The Truth About Vaccines: people who got the chicken pox vaccine as kids were more likely to get shingles as adults. Because of the vaccine, we are now seeing more cases of Zoster. And more cases of shingles because there is no 'booster' of immunity by being exposed to kids with chicken pox. Some vaccines have the antigen grown on aborted fetal cells, or cells from animals. These cells are then injected as vaccinations, complete with foreign DNA.
Chris came home for lunch before the video was finished. I made and ate breakfast. I caught up on Sudoku. I called Myra to see if she wanted to walk to the bank, but she was busy making a Belle dress for the Beauty and the Beast party next Saturday. I called Terri too, but she did not answer.
Before I left, I noticed a niacin flush starting. So I bided my time, watering the plants and picking some lettuce. Akia messaged me asking for a box so I messaged her back. I waited a little bit and she mentioned 1:30. I thought I could make it before then, so I walked quickly down to the bank and back. I stopped at the chapel to ask which classroom we would be sewing in tomorrow. She told us classroom 2, but we would have to come in the back door since someone else would be having a presentation in the main room.
Then I went home, barely making 1:30. Akia was not there, so I messaged her that I was going to Myra's house and that the boxes were in the back yard. But when I opened the door, she was walking up the sidewalk. We went around back to get the boxes. She put them in the back of Chelsea's van. I hoped she would get a flight out with her dogs on her departure date.
Then I went to Myra's place. She was working on the Belle dress. I let her use me as a dress form. I watched her sew as we talked. Around 4 I went home, tired. I laid down while listening to an interview. I ate some roasted cabbage. I listened to one of Oprah's meditation. I opened a coconut. I peeled out the contents and put them in a bag. When the second interview was over, it was almost time to go. I jotted notes for my blog.
Then I put on my shoes and coat and walked to the commissary. It had just closed. I sat on a bench outside. Presently the young couple from church walked up. We talked for a few minutes until Kim came out and locked the commissary. Then we got in her van and she drove us to the antique shop. She parked the car in a nearby lot and we walked to the shop. Maranda petted the dog tethered outside. We went in and Kim gave chocolates to the owner.
Then we all looked around. Kim found a nice jade elephant. Maranda found a green celadon pot. I did not see anything I needed. When the owner packed up Kim's stuff, there were vases in it. Maybe she had them on hold?
Anyway, on the way back, the couple asked where they could get supper and Kim pointed out the chicken place near post. But they had to drop off their pot, so she drove them home, then drove me home. Parked outside my house, she told me if I became FRG president, she would attend the meetings. She said Myra thought I should be president, too. And that Maranda would make a good VP.
Then I got out and she left. I picked up the food waste pail and brought it in. Chris was having supper. I put a plate of kombucha out for the slugs to see if they liked it as much as beer. (I don't even know if they are out yet for the season.)
I watched an interview on kombucha and fermented foods. I ate some fermented purple cabbage. Then we watched the third episode of The Librarians, thinking there was a fourth, but there was not. So we saw one episode of Once Upon a Time. It looked like a season ender, what with Storybrooke disappearing like it had never been. But it was not, and Chris did not want to stay up to see what happened in the next episode. I wrote to my blog and joined him in bed.
* Here is a pic of the rain from yesterday. *

No comments: