Monday, February 3, 2020

A visit with the dentist

I got up a little after 7, surprised to see it was so early. I got a head start on supplements. I brushed and swished. I dressed in green because Gwenda said she was going to wear David's favorite color today. I had to look up some of the supplements to remind me why I was taking them. I finished making 14 days of supplements. I swept the kitchen, and texted with Faye. She sent me a pic of the service. I went outside for better reception so I could download the pic. What a nice sunny day it was! No coat necessary. I talked to Mary, who was on a long trip. I made breakfast, and vitamin water for the day. I listened to podcast for awhile, then carefully brush and flossed breakfast away.
At 11 I went to the dentist. I read a book in the waiting room. When I was called back, she led me to a room with a small cup of germ killer. I waited until she left, then pretended to swish with it. I poured it out. She came back with a back massage unit, which she put on the chair. After I sat down against it, she covered me with a blanket and brought me a warm neck pillow. For some reason I did not have any hot flashes. She prayed with me for my cousin's family. Then she took x-rays, and cleaned my teeth. Afterward, the dentist came in for a look. I knew she was going to suggest a crown or two. She said there was enough bacteria under the filling to show up on the x-ray. We discussed my concerns about getting a crown. She did not think it would get infected like the first one did.
After she left, I was taken to an office. I straightened the pictures on the wall until a lady came in with a printout of recommended treatments and associated costs. We talked for some time. I agreed to the treatments and we went round and round trying to fit the dentist's schedule to mine. Finally we agreed on something and I left.
It was after 2. I headed to quilting, but on the way decided it was too late plus the day was too gorgeous to be inside. I went home, changed my shoes, and went for a walk. My foot bothered me very little. When I got back, I opened the doors. I saw a missed phone call from the dental office. They had to move the next appointment. Then I sat in the back yard and read my book, almost finishing it. When I went inside, I found Chris sitting at his computer. I greeted him. We talked. It was a little early for supper, but I put something together anyway. It was such a nice day and I didn't want it to end.
I pinned a purple fleece strip to the costume and started sewing. The sewing foot pushed the fabric so much that I had to take the pins out before I got to them. The strip wasn't long enough so I added another one. I was surprised to see that it was not the same width as the first. So I cut an inch off of the first one. When both were sewn to the front, I threaded a needle and started sewing the back down.
When Chris was ready, we sat on the couch and watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. It was an emotional rollercoaster as usual. Chris held me while I cried. Finally I told him he could go to bed. I took supplements and wrote my blog post, then got ready for bed.
* Faye sent me this pic before the service for David started. I heard the church was packed and people waited to get in. *

No comments: