Thursday, February 6, 2020

Another broken pot

I stayed in bed, waiting for the alarm to go off. When I got up, it was 9. Clearly I failed to hear the alarm, or it didn't go off. I lit the citrus extract candle and put it in the master bathroom where the mold must be. I brushed and swished. I sterilized a jar and put some pumpkin coconut cream in it for the chiropractor. I read some e-mail. I put water in the teapot to heat and it leaked out. It was then that I realized it had a crack in it. It must have happened yesterday when I washed it. But why?
I saw a message from Pat but I could not tell if she needed a ride or not, so I called her. She said she had other plans. Then I had to rush out to see the chiropractor. Linda called while I was on the way, so I made a mental note to call her later. When I got to the office, I was right behind an older man. But for some reason, the assistant took me in first for the 'therapy'. She put electrodes on my back and strapped me to a table that stretched my spine for 12 minutes. I wasn't in any discomfort before, but had some afterward.
Then she put me in room 2 to wait for the doctor. I stretched my legs and arms, then sat down. When Dr. Bryant came in, I gave him the pumpkin cream and told him it needed cinnamon. He seemed pleased. I told him my neck was tight and I was grinding my teeth. He adjusted my neck and sphenoid on the horizontal table, and then adjusted my spine on the other table. My jaws felt better afterward.
I checked out at the front desk while he took the jar into the kitchen to eat the cream.
I called Linda back when I got home. We talked about the long weekend. I made breakfast. I checked on the candle and it had gone out. So I lit it again and put it back on the toilet seat.
Then I went to quilting. Lots of ladies were there because it was pot luck day. I set up my machine beside Melissa. I worked on towels, and listened to Pat talk, then chatted with others. At 2, I packed up, and went home. I took the mid-afternoon supplements, then went for a walk, checking for wild daffodils as I went. When I got back, I blew the candle out, then worked on the sleeves of the costume. I put on a podcast to listen to, but it kept stopping, which required me to refresh the page and try to find the spot where it stopped. When the sleeves were finished, I took the supper supplements, and ate bean soup (almost gone now), seed crackers, and an egg. I texted with Newegg which is where we ordered the laptop, hoping they had a solution to the interrupted podcasts. But after a lengthy procedure to prove my laptop was indeed purchased from them, the rep said I had to contact HP.
My tapping buddy came online at 7. We tapped for dental anxiety, and it went down a lot. Then Chris sat with me and we watched one episode of Call the Midwife. Afterward, Chris made his lunch and I sat down to write this blog entry. It was pouring down rain - again.
* This is a quilt shown off at the modern quilt guild last month. *

No comments: