Monday, February 17, 2020

Not my typical Sunday


We got up about nine. They did not go down to breakfast, and I ate my breakfast in the room. We talked until time to quickly pack and check out. Silvia got a dolly and we loaded it with luggage and gift bags. Silvia paid the bill and Linda and I gave her cash for our share. We drove to Staybridge Suites so they could see Chris' hotel room. We all agreed it was a better layout and would be good for next year. On our way out, Silvia got coffee in the lounge. They both picked up a mint from the basket and we got in Silvia's car. We went to Marshalls so Silvia could return something and we ended up shopping and buying more. Most of what we bought was on sale.
Then went to Cracker Barrel for a late lunch, hoping Mary would join us, but she had to take her husband to the doctor. So we enjoyed lunch together. They got the Sunday chicken special, and I got a steak with collard greens, boiled cabbage, and broccoli. I did not have high expectations for the collard greens, but they were actually very good. Afterward, the rain had stopped somewhat, so we dropped by Celeste's house. There were two trailers in the driveway. Silvia knocked on the door of the house and there was no answer. We knocked on the big trailer and again no answer. I knocked on the little one and some guy mumbled something I couldn't make out. I called for Celeste, but she did not answer. It seemed she was not home, so we left.
We drove to the hotel where Chris was staying. I had bought a heavy box of glass storage containers at a yard sale and Chris moved it to his car. A man asked Chris to jumped his car. While he did that, we went into the lobby where the ladies got some more mints because they were so good. I hugged them goodbye and they left. Chris drove me to Red Lobster to meet Mike and Kelly. We were early so I had time to decide which appetizer to have for my meal (since I had just eaten at Cracker Barrel). When Mike and Kelly arrived, the waitress gave them a minute to decide, then we all ordered. I got the spinach cheese dip and let Chris have all the chips that come with it. We had a good time. Since Mike works in IT, we mentioned various problems that we had with our new laptops. He and Kelly offered to join us in our hotel room to look at the offending software.
Back at the room, Mike spent some time trying to figure out what would cause videos to play for only 10 minutes at a time. Sadly there were not enough clues. But Kelly suggested playing it through I-Tunes. Getting I-Tunes onto my laptop was another story, and I don't recall it all now. However, when all was said and done, my laptop was playing a podcast in I-Tunes all the way through. He did update a bunch of the most likely drivers. We talked about other things too, like his job at the paper and how banner ads work, and such.
It got late and they had to go home. I was tired and went to bed with Chris, not taking the time to blog, and hoping I would remember the day's events later.
* This is one section of our suite. There was also a seating area, and another room with two queen beds, and s bathroom where the sinks were separate from the toilet and shower. *

No comments: